» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: Re: Abuse of managers power
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 15:25 
Peasant
Peasant

:)

Attachments:
Screenshot_2018-02-05-19-01-20.png
Screenshot_2018-02-05-19-01-20.png [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 816 times ]
Screenshot_2018-02-05-19-01-15.png
Screenshot_2018-02-05-19-01-15.png [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 816 times ]

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 15:26 

Generally we do not consider abbreviations to be inappropriate language. I can't speak for other mods, but myself I have never flagged anyone for using BS, LMFAO, OMFG, WTF, etc. Perhaps if someone were to complain about the use I might warn the offending player, but certainly I would not flag outright. So as far as I can tell, it appears that you were the first one to commit a punishable offense when you wrote, "you piece of sh**."

Thank you for posting the earlier conversation with Veking. There is nothing against the rules about not honoring verbal agreements. However, most players look down upon such action. It is understandable then that a player gets angry when that happens. There is nothing against the rules about voicing that anger through private messages. That is, until the player receiving the messages considers it harassment. In that case, you are asked to report the harassment to the moderators. Once you do, we will contact the player in question and ask them to stop. If they don't stop, we will punish their account accordingly. It appears you never actually made a report against Veking, but instead went to his clan. I recommend in the future to create an official report to the moderators instead.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 15:33 

I started writing my last message before you finished posting all the pictures. Now that I've read through them all, it appears you are the only one to have used inappropriate language. The first I came across was your Jan. 24 23:07 message, where you wrote, "Sorry about your luck ***hat." That is unacceptable language and worthy of a flag. Again, we don't generally consider BS or other abbreviations to be unacceptable. There does appear to be bad blood between you and Veking. Please let us know if he continues to harass you in other games. I also recommend not insulting him or harassing him in other games yourself.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 15:35 
Peasant
Peasant

TEXAS REB that is a complete contradiction as to your earlier post. Your said you can count 3 times I used the word asshat and bullshit. Or was that post deleted a ready

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 15:37 
Peasant
Peasant

Also what about the manager Lucjan insulting me then flagging me? I that to be swept under the table as well?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 15:44 
Peasant
Peasant

So it seems as if there''s a rule that should be followed that isn't written, if it was it would say "do as I say not as I do"

Also it seems as if one uses insults in a non prophanic way its okay.

Also it seems as if managers (Lucjan) isn'isn't held to a higher standard, no it would be that he'he's held to a much lower standard. The flag I received was for manners. If Lucjan and Vexing didn't act in poor manners then what exactly is the poor standard rule?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 15:54 
Peasant
Peasant

Also if you read the posts you realize he broke the verbal agreement by lying saying he couldn't accept my alliance request due to first move then asked for an alliance with another player within a few turns, he uses the excuse of he was at war with someone and needed first move but that war wasn't over so I guess first move wasn't the truth there. He was planning on attacking me at a time of his choosing or he wouldn't have lied. I have lots of verbal agreements with many players, I never go back on my word as long as they don't lie or cheat in anyway.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 16:21 
Peasant
Peasant

Still waiting on a response to Texas Reb stating one thing then stating something completely different to fit the desired outcome, also waiting for a response to Lucjan insulting me without any punishment. Manners is the flag I received, Veking and Lucjan both acted illmannered. Lucjan more so because he''s supposed to be a manager. I only want justice handed out evenly.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 16:35 
Peasant
Peasant

Also isn't a clan keeping lists of player's they plan persecuting breaking a stalking rule? Veking openly admits this in one of the messages. Lucjan is in the same clan. Could it be that Lucjan is using his power as manager to persecute the clans list of players?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 17:06 

DreadPirateRoberts wrote:
TEXAS REB that is a complete contradiction as to your earlier post. Your said you can count 3 times I used the word asshat and bullshit. Or was that post deleted a ready

I don't believe this to be a contradiction at all. My first comment was in regards to your original images. In those, I counted 3 times that you used profanities. After reviewing your additional images I found at least a fourth. This is the one I was referring to in my last message. Taking place on Jan. 24 at 23:07, it appears to be the first use of profanity in the exchange between you and Veking.

Also what about the manager Lucjan insulting me then flagging me? I that to be swept under the table as well?

Lucjan wrote, "Looks like someone skipped subtle sarcasm class and chose "rambling screed 101 - for remedial students."
I do not believe this warrants disciplinary action. Firstly, it does not contain profanity. Secondly, it appears Lucjan made this comment in defense of his clanmate and his clan. Again, you should have come directly to the Moderators when the issue with Veking first came up.
This brings me to your next post.

Also it seems as if one uses insults in a non prophanic way its okay.

That is partially correct. Use of profanity can result in immediate punishment. Generally speaking with insults we first give the player a warning. Let's be honest, this game can create a lot of high emotions. If we flagged or banned a player every time there was the slightest insult, you would pretty much see every single player with a flag.

Also it seems as if managers (Lucjan) isn'isn't held to a higher standard,

That is correct. When interacting with a moderator as another player in a game or as a member of a clan, we do not hold each other to higher standards. We only hold each other to higher standards when you are communicating to us as Moderators. For instance, you approached the Viking clan, not the Moderators. As such, I expect Lucjan to act first as a Viking clan member, secondly as a Moderator. Next time, please direct these concerns to the Moderators through an official report.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 17:31 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

A few things I would like to say.

Insults can still be insults without using profanity. In this regard,
all parties seem guilty. However, this is a bit of a grey area and
more difficult to moderate.

I don't think the list of players the Vikings mentioned is a bounty
list. That is to say, it isn't a list of people they are going to hunt.
I don't know if the list literally exists, or if it is rather a collective
memory of players to who might not be trustworthy. That is quite
natural to exist for this game. There are players you'll learn to
trust and those you won't.

All in all, this seems to be a heated argument between players.
I don't believe Lucjan's stance came from that of a moderator, until
he flagged your account. I disagree with that action. Problems I have
had with players in the past, I have asked the moderators for their
opinion, and let them decide what to do. For what it's worth, Lucjan
has stepped away from this one, which is the right thing for him to
do in my opinion.

Does Lucjan deserve a manner flag? Does Veking? Do you, DreadPirate?
I am not sure. For me personally, I wouldn't flag any of you, I tend to be
quite relaxed and allow players more freedom than others would. However,
rather than escalating the matter, you might have attempted to contact
moderators, instead of going to the Viking clan.

Lucjan has admitted the ban was a mistake due to his touchy mobile device.
I believe him, as he quickly reverted the ban. He would have left it if it were
intended.

Edit: TexasReb posted just before me. I think my points reinforce his.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 18:34 
Game Developer
Game Developer

That's a pretty heated exchange! However, based on what you posted, a flag for manner
would be little bit harsh. Ditto what Travis said, it's very much in the grey area.

Now, the texts you posted are not the reason for why you were banned! For obvious reasons,
you left out all the texts where you are insulting other players. The reason why you
were banned is because you went on to insult other players. Just for reference, have a look
at the message you posted in the moderator inbox: "hahaha Yeah okay clown"!

In any case, we generally don't flag players forever. The flag will be removed after a period
of good behavior. I am not asking you to become buddies with Lucjan/whoever, but at least give
other players, common courtesy.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 19:04 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Just realized there is a 2. page. :roll:

Anyhow, I guess you were indeed posting "you are piece of ****" several times (page 2). I can't really
see much speaking in your favor and the flag is deserved.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 04:16 
Peasant
Peasant

The reason I was flagged by Lucjan was after he insulted me I said okay asshat. Then I was flagged, he said that in a message I posted.

I didn't leave any messages out purposely. There was another message where I told Woodan Veking was a ****. I'm not trying to dispute my flagging as you and I have talked about this noble master. I agree with you that I went over the top but not until I was insulted by no both Veking and Lucjan. If I'm guilty and deserving a flag so are they.

Just so I understand this going forward, the rules say managers are held to a higher standard but they are actually not held to higher standard is what I think I just read from Travis..

it''s okay to tell someone they're "spouting a bunch of bullshit" but not "okay asshat"

It''s also okay for managers to tell people they're a remedial student, a nuisance, and whiner, basically anything is okay as long as it'it's not using curse words.
So if I was to say in a message that Veking and Lucjan are the offspring of a insestual pair of Viking twins, would be okay? But if I say "okay clown" that's grounds for flagging?

I hope you can understand my confusion in this instance. I thank you for the time you'you've taken in an effort to clear up the grey areas.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 04:23 
Peasant
Peasant

In a message I also left out, I apologized to the Viking clan for anyone that was offended by anything I wrote. My intention was to get Veking to accept a 1 on 1 game. Nothing but a 1 on 1 game is all I wanted but yes I apologized to anyone offended