» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Demise of Nations (DON) » DON: Feature Requests

Post subject: Trading Tiles
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2018, 03:39 
Serf
Serf

It would be nice to see if you could add the feature to trade tiles like how in Age of Conquest 4, you could trade provinces with another nation. But to balance trading tiles with cities and resources, I think there should be a happiness penalty depending on how far away it is from your nation.

Post subject: Re: Trading Tiles
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2018, 22:29 
Game Developer
Game Developer

It's little bit trickier in Demise of Nations as it's tiles not provinces. The question comes down to how many & which surrounding tiles should be included? How to fix "holes" that appear etc.? It's easy to talk about it but quite hard to implement in practice.

Also, the question is, how much is province trading actually be used in Age of Conquest? From what I saw it was seldomly used!?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2018, 22:58 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Maybe just allow the player to decide which tiles they want to trade for which tiles... with a limit of 7 or so at a time.

So if player A needs tile 53:11, 53:12, and 54:12 and player B wants player A's island of tiles 20:20, 20:21, 20:22, 21:20, 21:21, and 23:21 they could use some trade tool, which designates which tiles they are offering in the trade by clicking them after offering the trade.

Sure to be complicated to create though...

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 06:16 
Serf
Serf

For the first question, I think there should be a maximum limit of 10 tiles between each player per turn with a maximum radius of 2 tiles around the selected tile?

For example; player A is at war with player B, and attempted to take player B's city at tile 63:25 but player C's infantry has taken over player B's city, but player C is neutral to both player A and player B. But player A doesn't want war with player C, so player A instead trades with player C for tile 63:25 for 800 cash with a happiness penalty of 5% for player A.

As for the second question, I hardly see anyone use the province trading feature in Age of Conquest but personally, I use it sometimes to help out other players, and allies. I think that tile trading would be used more often in Demise of Nations since you would get an awkward enclaves of other nations inside your borders or someone else taking a city/tile away from you.