» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Demise of Nations (DON) » DON: Modding Discussions & Workshop

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Few questions on modding
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 20:02 
Investigator
Investigator

noblemaster wrote:
Quote:
I guess Vassals. I think it was called protectorate in game. I could be wrong, I've only seen it once or twice..
Yes, it's called protectorate.

I thought I saw in a DoN post about something about Vassals. So my question is does DoN have both Vassals and Protectorate or did I miss read something or did someone misspoke in their post?

PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 20:41 
Game Developer
Game Developer

It's the same thing, I just didn't call it "Vassals". I didn't think "Vassals" existed until the middle-ages, so I figured I call it "Protectorate". However, I might be wrong on that one? :???:

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 06:09 
Investigator
Investigator

I think you might be right from a time line point of view. I just wanted a clarification for my understanding. "Protectorate" works for me. :)

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 17:43 
Peasant
Peasant

An idea that maybe is possible.. For decrees let them boost any of the citiy stats (ie tax income, Commerce, Military skill) + the outputs of the city.. An maintain the effect for multiple turns..

So for a little bit of every resource.. You could hold a trade show for x turns that boosts commerce..

Or invest money to promote home gardens.. to make the city produce some food every turn for x turns..

For military skill perhaps it can only be used every 25 turns or so, but its like.. Train youths, and for that turn only you could get an extra 5% skill on produced units..

I am not sure exactly what to use this for, but having it available to use would be nice I'm sure..

Also what does:

needsPlacementLand=n

Mean under estates?

Can we add or change the upgrades in the module? (Like the defense/offense one)..

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 17:48 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Quote:
needsPlacementLand

For 'y' it means an "estate" can only be built in a city (non-harbor).

Quote:
needsPlacementAqua

For 'y' it means an "estate" can only be built in a harbor.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 03:45 
Peasant
Peasant

I want to make a new city type that is basically just a village with better stats.

I understand how to do this and have it work fine but what I want to know is can I set the cities production manually with out a building or anything?

Like can you make it so the city generates 10% commerce by default, before any buildings? Or set default outputs?

I tried to use the out: line but you can only output a single thing using this and it isn't the cities production, it just makes it like a resource tile (understandably)..

I guess is there an output= type feature to set all the starting parameters for output and one for the advance= for the advancements for schema's?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 15:29 
Peasant
Peasant

Question: Is it possible to create new types of terrain or climate?

It would be a very useful feature if terrain/climate types could be created and edited, so that storms, temperature, etc. can be changed. That way if I wanted an extreme, dry desert and an extremely cold, wet polar region I could do that.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 16:32 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Quote:
Like can you make it so the city generates 10% commerce by default, before any buildings? Or set default outputs?

That's currently not possible. However, you could have one building in the city that always produces e.g. 100 gold output/turn. You could make it a city-building that could neither be built/destroyed.

Quote:
Is it possible to create new types of terrain or climate?

Sorry, that's currently not possible. There are tons of variables that I simply made some of them fixed, e.g. climate/tiles.

For climate, if you want to make a very cold area: Polar is actually quite cold!

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 16:56 
Peasant
Peasant

noblemaster wrote:
That's currently not possible. However, you could have one building in the city that always produces e.g. 100 gold output/turn. You could make it a city-building that could neither be built/destroyed.

What tag do I use to make it non-buildable?

Do I just set these:
needsPlacementLand=
needsPlacementAqua=

To no?

Or is there another tag not listed on the wiki (which btw has estate listed twice)?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 18:45 
Game Developer
Game Developer

You can restrict the building via invents:
http://www.demiseofnations.com/wiki/moddingfaq

Then just pre-assign the building to the city/harbor.

Quote:
Or is there another tag not listed on the wiki (which btw has estate listed twice)?
No, I believe I listed all the tags.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 04:53 
Peasant
Peasant

Would it be possible for you to update the wiki to say a little bit about how it puts the sound and image files together. It seems straight forward but then it adds images, and the animations are really confusing. I don't need it to be all inclusive now, but just enough to figure out what is going on. :kg:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 16:46 
Peasant
Peasant

noblemaster wrote:
Quote:
Is it possible to create new types of terrain or climate?

Sorry, that's currently not possible. There are tons of variables that I simply made some of them fixed, e.g. climate/tiles.

For climate, if you want to make a very cold area: Polar is actually quite cold!

However, you can change scenery in the module.config file. How do you put new types of scenery on the map? I understand I can place the type in the bundle.config but what about make a place where it is build-able?

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 20:12 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Good point, I added the specs: http://www.demiseofnations.com/wiki/moduleconfigassets

I hope it all makes sense? Let me know if you need more?

Quote:
How do you put new types of scenery on the map? I understand I can place the type in the bundle.config but what about make a place where it is build-able?

Not so sure what you mean? You are referring to bridge/harbor construction sites for example? You could do that via "nature". Then tell a harbor/bridge/city only be buildable if the corresponding nature is available.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2015, 06:35 
Peasant
Peasant

noblemaster wrote:
Not so sure what you mean? You are referring to bridge/harbor construction sites for example? You could do that via "nature". Then tell a harbor/bridge/city only be buildable if the corresponding nature is available.

I mean I understand how to make new types of nature. But how do I put them on to the map? The map bundle legend only has the types of nature that come with the game, and I don't see any way to place new types of nature on the map. I know how to make a harbor or bridge available on a certain type of nature, I just don't know how to make that certain type of nature available if I didn't make it.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2015, 16:16 
Game Developer
Game Developer

It's pretty simple:

1. define the new nature in module.config: add a new "nature:..."

2. edit the "bundle_scenario_nature.png". Use the ID#-colors given in the LEGEND.png to place the nature in that PNG file. It's the same ID#-colors you used for nations, but this time use it for natures.

I hope that makes sense?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next