» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Demise of Nations (DON)

Post subject: Demise of Nations - Feedback Thread!
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2017, 22:43 
Game Developer
Game Developer

We are trying to gather feedback for Demise of Nations. You will be rewarded 100 coins in Age of Conquest (ends March 31, 2017).

How to Provide Feedback
  1. Download Demise of Nations: http://www.demiseofnations.com/download.html
  2. Download the "Mediterranean Sea" map.
  3. Play the "Mediterranean Sea" map scenario (don't play the other maps, we are only interested in that map!).
  4. Provide 7+ bullet points of feedback. Make them short! What's good? What's bad? How does it compare to AOC? Etc.?
  5. Also state your Age of Conquest username, so we can give you the coins. Once you posted your feedback here, send a message to the Age of Conquest moderators to request a promo code for 100 coins!

Please note, negative only feedback is fine. You still get 100 coins. If there are things you are not happy with, also suggest changes.

If you are on Android, message use at contact [at] demiseofnations.com with your Google Play account email, so we can add you to the test-group!

Post subject: Re: Demise of Nations - Feedback Thread!
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017, 12:40 

*Demise of Nations is like AoC but with different troops and resources giving a more in depth gameplay
*What happend to food? Farms and fish were a nice addition, livestock good even been introduced
*Watchtowers could be a nice addition to build so you can have a better view and keep watch on your borders. They can be manned by troops and maybe give archers 1+ range
*War machines may be nice like capapaults and trebuchets
*Upgrades for city's may be good too like a ballista upgrade giving the city better attack on troops
*Next level troops may be nice so when the game develops instead of bigger armies which would be much more to handle it could be better troops like barbarians and the next level is swordsman or axemen
*Maybe worker units could be added which build the recorded buildings and build the watchtowers I suggested earlier
*What happened to some buildings that were removed, they were good for expanding on a city but now it's just troop buildings.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017, 16:32 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Food is still in the old maps. Ditto for old city-buildings. I felt it complicated things more than needed. By removing some of the functionality, the game is more streamlined and it makes it possible to play multiplayer Blitz-games. Just focusing on the essentials rather than a clicker-game where you just build farms etc.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017, 18:22 

That is true with how the game is, it is possible to play a blitz game. I feel like this is a good game for those who want age of conquest but with more in depth fighting(:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017, 22:49 
Serf
Serf

Okay, so here are my seven bullet points:

*The game handles a lot different from AoC. It's not the kind of game a AoC player would play and instantly feel at home with.

*The tutorial does give you a taste of how to play DON but it should go more in depth. The first games was basically me trying to figure out how to play.

*The AI is way to hard. When I played for the first time, I put in "Casual". Casual was much harder than I thought it would be.

*The Mediterranean map was good, although I would have liked to have a scenario with expanded nations.

*It was fun with all the units, to see which unit was strong against what, etc.
Also, carthage has elephants! elefant

*The "king capture" system was so unclear. I killed entire empires and had no idea how.

*The graphics were good. Every unit felt unique, and the environment looked good too.

My AoC name is "The_Squakawaker", thank you!

-Albert Einstein

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 17:30 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Thanks for the feedback. I sent you a promo code for 100 coins via AOC's in-game pm system :kg: