» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Demise of Nations (DON)

Post subject: New Map
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2015, 15:38 
Peasant
Peasant

I have a topic on this in the Modding section, but because this pertains to different stuff I will make this separate. I just submitted it, but it needs a large amount of work. I do not care if you reject it because of that, but it would nice to have someone else be able to play it.

The wiki seems to be missing some things. I understand that it doesn't have content for some sections, but it is missing the Decrees section entirely. I had to figure out the different part for decrees. Also I see there is religion, but they are just comments and not implemented. I see where they will be used though, with the needs religion part for estates. It looks good/useful.

I created a new Decree, "Monthly Orgy." From what I figured out about Decrees, I think you can activate it 12 times in one city, and you can activate it once every 4 turns. It gives that city a +200% birth rate for that turn. This is to make up for the problem (which I believe the developer team already knows about) that causes building cities to be useless because their population grows so slowly.

However for some reason when testing my scenario new cities I built could not build new structures. I originally required estate=1 but because I couldn't build that, I couldn't test the Decree in new cities. Now it doesn't require any buildings. Is there a reason I can't build in new cities, such as population?

Noblemaster: the subtle German references in your work are getting to me. Do you speak German? I am uncreative in naming things so the city names are all German.

The game also had an error where it received my bundle, but returned an error (this error was something about the not receiving an input stream). I submitted it again and it said I had already submitted something of that us/id and version number.
P.S. Because I felt like this post was continously rambling I bolded what I was trying to say

Post subject: Re: New Map
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2015, 16:41 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I approved the map! :kg:

I am aware getting a map right on the first try is difficult, so please continue working on it. I would also suggest you add a bundle-icon (bundle_template_graphic.png).

I updated the Wiki:
http://www.demiseofnations.com/wiki/mod ... g?&#decree

Please note in order to make the decrees available in a city/harbor, you also need to set the "decrees=..." paramater for "civ:"!

Quote:
However for some reason when testing my scenario new cities I built could not build new structures. I originally required estate=1 but because I couldn't build that, I couldn't test the Decree in new cities. Now it doesn't require any buildings. Is there a reason I can't build in new cities, such as population?

Not sure what you mean?

Quote:
that causes building cities to be useless because their population grows so slowly.

I actually changed that a few weeks ago. Smaller villages grow a lot faster now and larger villages slower!

Quote:
Do you speak German?

Yes, that's my mother language!

Quote:
I am uncreative in naming things so the city names are all German.

That's fine! :kg:

Quote:
The game also had an error where it received my bundle, but returned an error (this error was something about the not receiving an input stream). I submitted it again and it said I had already submitted something of that us/id and version number.

It probably went through the first time around but the connection broke before sending you the success-message. Again, your map is LIVE!

Post subject: Re: New Map
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2015, 17:00 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Quote:
I see there is religion
I will eventually add it, but for now it's just a stub. Also, I added disease-parameters too. Both would be cool to have but for right now it makes more sense to get the current things all balanced out. Also, adding GUI-panels (there are lots) for both religion & disease-spread will be quite time-consuming.