» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Demise of Nations (DON)

Post subject: Capture Capital, Nation States & Proxy States
PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 13:00 
Serf
Serf

Hi NobleMaster I found out this is the official forum for suggestions and ideas I have already posted this on the Steam forum so I thought I'd post it here too.
Hope you like it :)

1. Capture Capital City
2. Nation States
3. Proxy States

1: I have this idea for a game mode called "Capture the Capital City" it's simple really once the enemies capital city is in your hands their territory becomes yours or if yours falls that's it game over.

2: Nation States don't expand even if they do it won't very very far they can be influenced by you and if you are very power they will respect you greatly.
If they are in debt you can bail them out and that means you can influence what happens there for a short time before the debt is paid back to you, or just conquer the hell out of them but it may damage your reputation.

3. This is an interesting one, you can send a a small number of soldiers disguised as soldiers from that nation then when you're ready start a "Rebellion" in 1 city which then becomes yours as more people follow your ideas and then you can name the city what you want.
You must then spread your warmongering as fast as possible by recruiting more soldiers and taking over, slowly destabilizing the country from within.
You would be playing as 2 nations technically if you decide to ally yourself with your own proxy state which the computer doesn't know then that's good, you can then act as a liberator and take down the nation with twice the man power.
You wouldn't be able to do with capital cities only with minor cities.
It's a rather expensive process I'd say about 2,000 GOLD if you want to go ahead with it.
Then once the country is taken over by both Proxy Country and your main one you can then either leave them separate or join them together in a Union.
Other Nations could do the same if they wanted but only if you select Proxy mode if such an option was there.

Post subject: Re: Capture Capital, Nation States & Proxy States
PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 15:47 
Peasant
Peasant

badwolf66 wrote:
Hi NobleMaster I found out this is the official forum for suggestions and ideas I have already posted this on the Steam forum so I thought I'd post it here too.
Hope you like it :)

1. Capture Capital City
2. Nation States
3. Proxy States

1: I have this idea for a game mode called "Capture the Capital City" it's simple really once the enemies capital city is in your hands their territory becomes yours or if yours falls that's it game over.

2: Nation States don't expand even if they do it won't very very far they can be influenced by you and if you are very power they will respect you greatly.
If they are in debt you can bail them out and that means you can influence what happens there for a short time before the debt is paid back to you, or just conquer the hell out of them but it may damage your reputation.

3. This is an interesting one, you can send a a small number of soldiers disguised as soldiers from that nation then when you're ready start a "Rebellion" in 1 city which then becomes yours as more people follow your ideas and then you can name the city what you want.
You must then spread your warmongering as fast as possible by recruiting more soldiers and taking over, slowly destabilizing the country from within.
You would be playing as 2 nations technically if you decide to ally yourself with your own proxy state which the computer doesn't know then that's good, you can then act as a liberator and take down the nation with twice the man power.
You wouldn't be able to do with capital cities only with minor cities.
It's a rather expensive process I'd say about 2,000 GOLD if you want to go ahead with it.
Then once the country is taken over by both Proxy Country and your main one you can then either leave them separate or join them together in a Union.
Other Nations could do the same if they wanted but only if you select Proxy mode if such an option was there.

First of all, welcome to the forum :D

1). We basically have this game-mode already, it's called Capture the Flag. Basically a city is assigned where you need to hold for a certain amount of turns till victory.

2). We have this feature as well already. Vassal states are already a part of the game and they pay tribute to you in exchange for protection(Even though I do a poor job of it ;_;)

3). Uhhh I'm not exactly too convinced on this feature. You're gonna have to be a bit more elaborate on it and really convince me enough for me to support it. Also, 2000 gold for destabilizing a single nation? I only need about 500-1000 gold to conquer a major power.

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 20:03 
Investigator
Investigator

Re: #3
DoN shares a lot with AoC (Age of Conquest) another Noble Master Game. AoC has:
Extended Actions
Extended actions include espionage and sabotage. Allows you to locate an enemy ruler or produce revolts that reduce moral
Check to see if DoN shares this feature. If not it may be possible it could be included in an update.

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 21:00 
Game Developer
Game Developer

re-1: actually, there is an option to make any unit (e.g. horseman, cities etc.) your "commando"-unit. If your commando unit falls the game is over for you!

I need to do some more testing for that. Although it's added, I believe I haven't fully integrated it.

So, yes, you can make a city your "capital city" by setting the commando-option. Also you could define an e.g. "general troops" with the commando option.

re-2
: currently the vassal-option does that. If the other nation agrees, you can become a "protector" and the other nation a "protectorate" of yours. You can either (a) request to become a protectorate or (b) demand another nation to become a protectorate.

re-3: This seems quite a feature to implement. I wonder if that is really added how to best go about it as not to confuse the players?

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 01:30 
Serf
Serf

Well since their is a commando unit he could be used to destabilize a nation from within via special operations.

The Proxy States idea is based around what's happening now in Syria although many people believe IS just suddenly sprung up from nowhere actually they're being funded by the US and UK.
Due to the failure of the planned intervention in Syria in 2013 to take down Assad a more powerful proxy army was needed the minor rebel groups just weren't doing the job properly.
Currently IS own 50% of Syria so well done America that pipeline will soon be yours.
It's some deep Political **** I know :P

4th idea could be rebel states they rarely ally themselves to anyone and even fight amongst themselves although they can ally with each other and form unions to become somewhat proper countries and must be dealt with they start off weak but slowly get stronger.

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 06:26 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Those are all great idea. However, it's not going to be easy to implement it all, especially balancing. :kg:

Let me think about it some more also. This would be a big overhaul over the whole diplomacy system.

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 08:41 
Serf
Serf

Yeah it does sound like alot to add but still sounds good, with so many possibilities on what to do next.
It sounds like sequel material.
Right now I'm just playing the free version I conquered Rome as the Sardinians now Carthage is my next target.