» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Contests & more... » AOC: Leagues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Curare's Clan League
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 18:12 
Peasant
Peasant

But I do agree with Curare, I am quite good allies with both Curare and Mikeqe, in fact I am probably closer to Mikeqe thanks to us always being placed next to eachother. Hence there is no bias.

In most cases the effects of one individual shouldn't effect the whole organism but in this case it is literally impossible for Curare to add them and he is just improving the efficency for the rest of us.

Though it is disappointing as the Vikings are such a skilled clan but I feel as if they had the same problem with other clans no one would bad an eyelid

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 19:58 

Of course, as an Admin I have arbitrated disputes between members of nearly every clan on this list. So the issue must not be one of attempting to prevent people involved in this tournament from becoming angry, argumentative, and insulting of each other (because that will undoubtedly happen no matter what you do :kg: ). However, I can understand a desire to ensure that the tournament's creator be free from such controversy, but then the creator must be impartial himself. Is he? I do not accuse you of not being so. Though, I wager it will be difficult to maintain such a distance between yourself and dispute as the tournament goes on. This is especially challenging given that all the clans joined in this tournament (minus the Vikings) amount to 110 Age of Conquest players. That's 110 players you will need to avoid conflict from for an untold number of months. For that matter, you need to clarify the precedent set. If an argument such as the one you had with Mikeqe were to take place in the middle of the tournament, will you remove the clan? Or is it only because the Mikeqe dispute happened right before?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 21:05 
Freeman
Freeman

Topaz,
thank you for pointing that out, I agree with your conclusion.

Tex,
I know pretty much every participant well enough to know, that they want to have a good time playing this game. If someone should go out of their way to insult someone else for playing this game within the given rules, then they have no place in here. And that goes for not only that person, but that person's group.
Eventually it just means that you have not only responsibility for yourself, but also for your team.

This is yet another opportunity for everyone to play and talk with each other, although the talking can also be left out. Most of us will be doing fine in that regard, maybe even all of us. But let's not pretend as if that was not due to character.

Good manners and integrity should be rewarded and they usually are by being welcomed and treated friendly.

If someone goes the other way, they are not welcome.
If someone defends such behaviour out of their own group, they are not welcome either.

And just to point it out:

I understand that you stand by your clan mate by default.

When he blocked me from texting your clan the league information, I thought to myself: 'Well, nevermind that, let's post it from my own clan then.'
He then also blocked that way and I just thought: 'Man, if you want to be a **** and a loser about everything, go ahead! But why would you want to drag your clan into this?'

All he had to do afterwards was confess and apologize publicly.
Your clan would have been back in.

Instead he, yet again, put his ego over your group.

So think of that what you want, I don't care, but don't come at me like I am the unforgiving bad guy here.

For him this is not about a second chance, he's way past that at this point, so an apology would mean nothing to me anyway, and yet I still offered it.

I will not go any lower than that.

For you it's time to talk to him, not to me.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 23:59 
Freeman
Freeman

GOOD NEWS!

The first games are already underway, this is exciting! :partyyy:

So, let us focus on everyone, who has supported this event, rather than on those, who try to block it :happyx:

Let's hear from you guys about your fights! :pal:

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 00:26 
Serf
Serf

Ok, after hearing both players, here's my conclusion.

Curare and Mikeke are enemies in-game. They have their reasons, we can´t judge that. This is a war game and in warfare enemies are made, wichever the reasons they have. I also have some enemies in-game.

I've been told that insults were exchanged, by at least one of them. I can not be sure as I haven't seen. I am sorry for that, people should know to resolve their differences without insults but we all know that sometimes the adrenalin flows and it's not possible.

Regarding of all this. Mikeke told me that he blocked Curare and was not aware that he had blocked him from the clan and not personally.
He had no intention of harming his clan and he's sorry for that

He doesnt feel he has to appologise in public and I can't blame him for that, he offered however to stay out of the league so that his clan can participate.
His clan though, are backing him up, which I would probably do too, that's what clans are for right?

I also recognize the immense effort that Curare has put into this and he is intitled to exclude anyone he wants. For personal reasons or not. It's HIS league, not an official league

My suggestion is:

Curare should forget about the public apologies from Mikeke

Vikings should unblock Curare from clan

Curare should create the games (one game first to see their reaction, games cost time and money) for Vikings in the league

Vikings should relevate this personal subject between Curare and Mikeke, recognize they fight other clans in the league not curare himself (Althought they can revenge on him in the game against thanatosis in a fair competition) and join the league as all the clans would like to fight them, even without Mikeke.

We will all live and make war happilly ever after :partyyy:

LET THE LEAGUE START!!! :pal:

Last edited by Ocsav0Mad on 19 Mar 2018, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 00:40 
Freeman
Freeman

Just a reminder:

Please always go back to the first post of this thread to find any new information, rankings etc!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 01:48 
Freeman
Freeman

Oscav,

Your solution is fine with me and is pretty much what I always suggested to Curare. He was unblocked from the clan chat yesterday as soon as we realized what had happened (and has continued to post there throughout last night). I did block him temporarily from my own personal mailbox because it grew tiresome trying to argue with him about the unfairness of the collective punishment. I can reverse that too if it is some kind of problem (now that I've had overnight to chill out).

So the Vikings accept that solution. I'm afraid the hard part will be getting Curare to do so...

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 01:59 
Freeman
Freeman

Interesting how your approach suggests for you to do nothing and for me to take everything.

I offered to meet in the middle, but it seems that no one is willing to meet me there.

'and has continued to post there throughout last night', I replied to Patton from your clan with two short messages, one of which was a copy from what I wrote here towards Tex.

And btw I was explaining how it became a clan matter and not just an issue between Mikeqe and me, but you guys seem to still not see that point.

Doesn't matter anymore now.

And please keep me blocked, since rational arguments seem to stress you out. Then again I don't have anything to add at this point anyway :happyx:

He will not apologize, so I have no apology to accept.

Simple enough for anyone to understand.

Now let's move on.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 02:25 
Freeman
Freeman

From "post throughout the night", I just meant you were no longer blocked since Oscav seemed to think you were. In fact you were only blocked for about 1.5 hours yesterday before we realized the mistake and fixed it. It had no adverse affect on the ability of our clan team to register for games since all 11 links were already there.

You made no effort to "meet in the middle" by presenting us with an ultimatum to expel Mikeqe or be banned from the tournament. You are the one who made it a clan issue and I think almost no one else agrees it should have risen to a clan issue. Mikeqe realized his mistake and apologized for it. He offered to voluntarily leave our clan once you started in with your threats but the rest of the Vikings felt that amounted to giving in to extortion. We also feel there is no evidence he did anything that would justify expulsion from the clan. You certainly presented none.

It is your league. You paid for it and set it up. Keep us out if that is your decision. Just don't expect everyone to think you are being fair and reasonable about it. To most of us you seem to be petty and vindictive. I think its time to close this disappointing chapter of AO and move on to other things.

Last edited by Wodan on 18 Mar 2018, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 02:27 
Serf
Serf

The "Herren des Westens" stand behind Curare's decision.

This Clan claims rights they dont have. Curare made up with this league and thats great. I feel sorry for them but the time and work he puts in forces him automatically to not let anybody start foolish bullshit. This is not HIS JOB! He does it for free. Mykeke or what ever is his name closed the door for his clan. Its sad but they have to live with it now!

Btw. is their name too similar to the one and only Viking inside this Game..ME! No beardless mini-vikings! :D

At least im very sorry for you guys but this is a bill you have to pay now. Instead of trying to fight this you could've try to bring consequences to make him change his mind...but you prefer to fight this here and in public..so sad but this is not the NATO where you can do any bullshit.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 02:38 
Freeman
Freeman

Viking, you may want to actually read the details of what happened before you spout off. Just a suggestion. I would imagine if I came to your clan and threatened everyone with retribution because I had an issue with one player, you could not respond well to that threat.

No one sabotaged anything. Curare was literally blocked from our clan chat for about 1.5 hours before we caught the mistake and fixed it. Mikeqe was never part of our clan team for the league. Furthermore, Curare was still able to post very easily in the clan chat using the Thanatosis address, even during the 1.5 hours when he was blocked. There is no evidence at all that Mikeqe was trying to sabotage anything (at least no evidence that would convince anyone except a paranoid freak).

You're just wrong here but that doesn't stop some people from spouting off I guess.

I do agree with you that Curare is free to do what he wants with his league. Kind of like the kid on the playground who takes his toys and goes home when he's not getting along with the other kids...

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 02:44 
Serf
Serf

Well. It's sweet to bring out childrens play. You are the one running to mama and papa to solve this.

When the apple is rotten you have to cut out the bad piece or you throw the whole apple away...he gave you these two options.

And about what i would do..my people wont block the operator of a League their clan wants to join.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 02:57 
Freeman
Freeman

Nice Wodan,

suggesting to others to inform themselves whilst members of your own clan told me directly that they could not be bothered with informing themsleves about this.

Start with your own group of people for a change.

And thanks for calling me a paranoid freak and a child. Insults coming out of your clan yet again.

Old habits, eh?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 03:03 
Freeman
Freeman

"Some people you just can't reach"

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 03:07 
Freeman
Freeman

You mean like yesterday, when I presented rational arguments, while you kept repeating 2 accusations over and over and then blocked me so that 'I could not reach' you?

:roll:

You wanted to stop talking about this, remember?
You wrote that in the clan chat about an hour ago, what's wrong with your memory?

You are out, certainly with that attitude. Have fun with negative sources like your clan member and yourself.

Goodbye.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next