» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Contests & more... » AOC: Leagues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Curare's Clan League
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 03:21 
Freeman
Freeman

Someone from the moderator group keeps deleting my messages in the message board. I kept them concise and informative, but if it's not wanted in AoC, then I will not be in anyone's way and discontinue CCL after the final.

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 02:36 
Freeman
Freeman

Arcana have beaten Horde and will face Shadows in their Semifinal!

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 05:12 
Peasant
Peasant

I want to post my view (which is shared by many I believe) about CCL and Curare's intention to not continue it.

CCL certainly has became one of the most important events and the most discussed topics of last weeks in AoC community. Curare has done great job at organizing it which requires a lot work and enthusiasm. Despite some problems which are unavoidable especially during the first iteration we can see CCL going and enjoy watching it. And it is the most unfortunate how much few haters can do to sabotage something which is loved by most of community.

Curare, I think you shouldn't give up on CCL because few people dislike it. If you won't continue there are people who will organize it again even without you and still call it Curare's Clan League)

Even if you won't continue it, CCL has already brought great value to AoC and forced some clones to appear)

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 08:40 
Freeman
Freeman

Just thank Jacob for deleting messages. He has always been the problem. He and everyone backing him up. Good job.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 15:56 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I agree we shouldn't simply remove those messages. It's relevant to the game in my opinion. On the other hand, it also depends on the extent of the posting. Posting a message once in a while is fine, but spamming the wall is another story. Please keep in mind that most players are not participating.

Also, I think the wall needs some sort of replacement as it tends to be cause a lot of anger. Maybe replace the wall with a new in-game forum, where instead of the wall the top in-game forum topics are listed. Not going to be quick to implement. I wonder? Maybe that would deserve a separate discussion.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 16:58 
Investigator
Investigator

The main message wall has always been somewhat of an issue going back to the early days of Age of Conquest. I think an open discussion on what function it should serve is an excellent idea.

I believe the main wall should be used for announcements related to the game, leagues and assisting players who need help or are having a problem. All other talk should be done in a chat room or on the multiplayerhub forum. Just my two cents....

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 21:49 
Peasant
Peasant

Lets continue this discussion here
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5579
So we do not clog this thread)

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 23:27 

curare wrote:
Just thank Jacob for deleting messages. He has always been the problem. He and everyone backing him up. Good job.

I did not remove your posts. As i realised your league was enthusing players. Please desist with false accusations. Thank you.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 00:56 
Serf
Serf

Future of CCL League

Curare's account has been modified by a third party, so he won't be able of managing the league anymore. But this thread is not related to his to his situation so I won't explain here it in detail.

This league has been enjoyable for me, aibar and many others.

aibar wrote:
I want to post my view (which is shared by many I believe) about CCL and Curare's intention to not continue it.

CCL certainly has became one of the most important events and the most discussed topics of last weeks in AoC community. Curare has done great job at organizing it which requires a lot work and enthusiasm. Despite some problems which are unavoidable especially during the first iteration we can see CCL going and enjoy watching it. And it is the most unfortunate how much few haters can do to sabotage something which is loved by most of community.

Curare, I think you shouldn't give up on CCL because few people dislike it. If you won't continue there are people who will organize it again even without you and still call it Curare's Clan League)

Even if you won't continue it, CCL has already brought great value to AoC and forced some clones to appear)

So I want to discuss about letting it to an end even if it isn't easy.
Right now the settings are public so even I can make the games, but Thanatosis is going through a crisis now that we can't fill the team and it will require time to continue the complex league he left.
:hilfe:

Right now this is a raw idea. So I'd like your help and thoughts about this.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 02:49 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Quote:
Curare's account has been modified by a third party

Why would you assume a third party?

EDIT: just to make it clear, I checked the logs and there is no indication anyone of the moderator team has modified curare's account. No log entries.

That said, the only possibility is curare having modified his own account (not logged). Or, someone having compromised and changed the account name. Although, logs don't show any 3rd party logins for curare's account either.

Anyhow, the new username definitely seems odd, but it was none of us.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 06:04 
Peasant
Peasant

Lets not discuss Curare's situation in this thread. It can be done in game or another dedicated thread can be created (like with wall disscussion) if really needed but probably not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7