» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Contests & more... » AOC: Leagues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Curare's Clan League
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2018, 00:03 
Freeman
Freeman

Hi (:

Swapping Iberians for Celts or Gauls would weaken the team immensely, since they could be easily exploited by missing/delayed sea access. that is the reason I chose Persia and Berbers.

Persia might be able to take 1 more province at the start compared to Berbers, however that would go at the cost of setting sails right away. Persia is also a harder spot to defend compared to Berbers's spot, so that evens out quite nicely.

Celts are too far away to do anything, even jsut expanding is disadvantageously diffucult there due to the limitations of an island.
Gauls also have no instant sea access,

Take a look at the map, the amout of water is quite significant and the centre of italy will be fought over; so enabling one team more/closer sea access would create quite an imbalanced situation.

Best regards (:

Last edited by curare on 11 Mar 2018, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 04:23 

I think it is not problem because you will get as many times left as right side so will each clan. If you think that Eastern side is stronger you might compare that to football match where host (home team - East) has slight advantage ;)

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018, 14:53 
Serf
Serf

Roman Army's roster is Flak, Ranger Dave, Extreme Jedi, SiPher and myself.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018, 22:29 
Freeman
Freeman

AWESOME! You have been added (:

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018, 11:14 

Nice randomizer. Only 2 games at left side for Arcana

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018, 11:52 
Freeman
Freeman

I suppose your words are meant to be read ironically, however random does not mean 50/50 at all costs, otherwise it would not be random :headbash:

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 11:25 
Freeman
Freeman

I would like all the other clans to know that Curare has unilaterally pulled the Vikings team out of the clan league because of a personal dispute he has with one of our members. While this member is not even part of our clan team, Curare felt it appropriate to punish our entire clan because we refused to expel the member from our clan in response to Curare's accusations. I am not going to re-argue this whole situation on this forum since I spent a good chunk of the afternoon trying to talk Curare down off the ledge but I want all the other clans to know that we did not voluntarily withdraw from the league and we protest this unfair collective punishment.

Good day.

:???:

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 12:22 
Freeman
Freeman

Wodan,

good job on making it look like I made something up.

And yes, I took your clan out of the event.

Mikeqe, who is a member of your clan, intentionally blocked me from sending your clan relevant information about this event, TWICE!

I told you that I would not like anyone of such nature to have a role in an event, which is supposed to be friendly and fun.

He has access to all the information I sent to your clan. All the games have password protection to prevent trolls from messing about.

If you think that I would throw a clan out for no good reason, after all of the work I have put into setting this up, then you clearly have no idea how much work it is.

Mikeqe is a member of your clan. He interfered with me on a clan level out of his disrespect towards me. He has access to all the information.

And you failed to keep him in check.

You did not even ask him to confess and apologize.

So in the end you just want me to take the risk, without doing anything yourself.

Lazy and presumptuous.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 12:22 
Serf
Serf

I am willing to be an impartial judge, I'm equally distant from both of you, and if you accept my suggested decision we could perhaps solve this problem, I am 42 yo, married, father of a son, so I think I have maturity enough to at least understand both your arguments and suggest a solution. We can appoint another imparcial player to help me have a solution. I would appoint Emperor heinzy. We read both your arguments, we discuss it and make a decision of what you could do

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 12:33 
Freeman
Freeman

Ocsav,

age and marital status actually don't say anything :D But feel free to join the discussion.

I wanted this whole event to spark not only interesting games, but also a nice communicative basis for everyone involved. (:

That is also why foul language etc will lead to exclusion of this clan league.

Wodan, you accused me of 'threatening' your clan and 'vindictively' throwing you out of the league, but I merely told you that I would not accept your group into this realm, if someone like Mikeqe is part of it. That is not a threat (no one is harmed anyway), it is just a condition in regards to decency.

He has shown none and you defend him for that. You may do so, but I will certainly not open the door for sympathizers of harassment and sabotage.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 13:01 

No Vikings, no party :/

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 13:30 
Freeman
Freeman

I invited the Vikings in the first place, I like the clan, minus one player.

That clan wanted to be part of the event, I wanted the clan to be part of it, too.

It is a lot of work and many of you have been very supportive and kind towards me, THANK YOU FOR THAT! (:

And I also got other things to do, mind you.

But then I created all 66(!) games, sent out game links & passwords, also information on the proceedings etc and that one person has got nothing better to do than to block my account from texting the Vikings clan. I then switch to texting from my own clan and tell him that he did not do anyone a favour here and what does he do?
EXACTLY, he bans me there, too.

Vikings want to be part of the event, but they have got someone in their ranks, who just wants to make life harder for me while building this event up.
I cannot be the only one to see the conflict of interest there.

But instead of detecting him as the offender, they choose me?

I told Wodan that I would not accept Vikings back into the league as long as Mikeqe was still part of their clan.
But you know what? Have him confess and apologize publicly to me and you are back in. I am forgiving, but forgiveness does not come for nothing.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 14:13 
Serf
Serf

Curare, the info about age and marital state was only for you to be assured you're not being arbitraged by a 13yo kid locked in his room all day play online games who knows nothing of life and peoples's relations ;)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 16:57 
Knight
Knight

Lavi wrote:
No Vikings, no party :/

pretty much... :motz:

no respect for the elder clans these days... spanking

but at least Howard still luvs you guys :partyyy:

The ChainBringer
The ChaosMagnate
The ModSlayer

Anarchie à vendre...

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 17:57 
Peasant
Peasant

Yeah gosh. Us old clans get no respect :p

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next