» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Retro Commander (RCO)

Post subject: help with multiplayer
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 16:39 
Serf
Serf

Cant seem to connect to opponent please help..playing on kindle fire getting an enable UPnP/port 2300 or connect directly to the internet message...

Post subject: Re: help with multiplayer
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 19:53 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I assume you are trying to host a game. Are you connected via your router at home (WiFi)? Or do you use 3G?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 02:10 
Serf
Serf

Wifi....and when trying to join a game it won't connect either ...says either game full, host ended, or bad connection.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 17:18 
Serf
Serf

Hello?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 17:43 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

So you are not hosting, just trying to join a game? Maybe it is a problem with the host, not you. Do you get the same message when you attempt to connect with another person/device? Also try hosting and having someone connect to you instead.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2012, 03:36 
Serf
Serf

Not sure if im joining a game or not. But when hosting a game I get the message about UPnP, port 2300, or to connect directly to internet. Not sure but I think I was trying to join the game I created thinking it was another player. Please help

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 05:17 
Serf
Serf

So does that mean I'm **** out? Paid 4.99 for thus app....

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 12:20 
Knight
Knight

What wireless router do you have?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 17:39 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Quote:
I get the message about UPnP, port 2300, or to connect directly to internet
That means you are trying to host a game. No one except in your local area network will be able to connect from outside.

Were you able to establish a connection within your local network? Did that work? One play will have to host and the other player will have to join the game that you hosted. The game should show up in the list (usually empty) just below the host button).

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 16:24 
Serf
Serf

I am expieriencing a similar problem hosting/connecting to a multiplayer game.

I have installed the full version to my Asus TF301 and attempted to host multiple times utilizing my home's WiFi network. I am unable to connect utilizing any other devices in my home network that have the application loaded to them. By the way, the other devices are a Kindle Fire and a Kindle Fire HD that both have the "Lite" versions installed.

I have tested signal strength and verified that each device is connected to the network as each is visible upon logging on to the router.

Can you please provide guidance besides the port forwarding tips?

Thank you.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 20:31 
Game Developer
Game Developer

It's possible that the LITE version has a slightly different version for network play. Can you try to install the full version instead on the other devices? If you have the same build/version on all the devices your problem should be gone!?

Please note, it's fully legal to have the same full version app on multiple devices. Just make sure you setup the same account on all devices.

Let me know if that worked?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013, 16:50 
Serf
Serf

Thank you for recommending the use of the same license I purchased on all of my devices. I installed the full version on every device I own. Each Kindle was downloaded from the Amazon App Store (not sideloaded). The Asus TF301 app was downloaded from Google Play. I have attempted to host via all three and connect with the other two to see if there a particular device that the app works on better than the other. However, the same problem still exists. I am unable to connect to any device's multiplayer game being hosted despite the fact that each device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Any recommendations? One of the selling points that convinced me to purchase this app was to be able to play multiplayer within my home network.

Thanks

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 01:49 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Mhh, should work just fine!?

Could you explain little bit more: when you say you "cannot connect" do you (a) mean you can see the created games on the other device but it crashes (?) when you try to connect? Or (b), you cannot see any games come up when hosting?

I assume in your network, all devices connect via the same router. The router is handing out IP address via DHCP? What range are those in 192.168.*.*?

Also, the router is connected to the internet? When you try to host the game, what exact message are you receiving?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 09:58 
Serf
Serf

when you say you "cannot connect" do you (a) mean you can see the created games on the other device but it crashes (?) when you try to connect? Or (b), you cannot see any games come up when hosting?
No device is able to "see" any games that another device is hosting, the devices show the following message, "No Games Found - Scanning..."

When hosting, there are two messages. One for the Asus TF 301 that states, "Waiting for Players...(1/8)" The other message comes from both the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD, "Could not connect to game. Possible causes include: (1) Game Full (2) Host Closed (3) Bad Connection".

I assume in your network, all devices connect via the same router. The router is handing out IP address via DHCP? What range are those in 192.168.*.*?

Yes, all devices connect via the same router. The router is handing out IP addresses via DHCP. The range is 192.168.1.(2-4 to be exact)

Also, the router is connected to the internet? When you try to host the game, what exact message are you receiving?

The router is connected to the internet as I am able to access the router via the all three wireless devices I have discussed as well as the internet. I can also see the devices on the router utilities software. The exact messages that I am seeing are described above.

If there are any questions that I failed to answer correctly, please let me know.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 20:03 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Thanks for the detailed response! Very helpful :)

Based on your response, you network setup looks fine to me. There should be no problems there. So anyhow, I checked the version numbers for the game in Google Play versus the version in Amazon. Looks like the Amazon version is older (1.0.0). The version in Google Play is (1.0.2). Sorry, I guess missed to update the Amazon version. I believe there are some bugfixes for multiplayer game-play in there.

In any case, I just uploaded version 1.0.2 (both lite + full) of Desert Stormfront to the Amazon Market! It should take about 2-6 days to get reviewed & approved by Amazon. I strongly believe using version 1.0.2 should fix your problems.

I am aware this is quite a long wait (2-6 days). I assume the latest release once it becomes available in the Amazon Marketplace should fix your multiplayer problems. Given this is most likely my fault, if you are not happy I can give you a refund for your purchase too in addition? Email me if you'd like that.

In any case, please let me know if version 1.0.2 fixed your problems (once it's available as an update).