» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Retro Commander (RCO)

Post subject: Campaign Level 3
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 06:14 
Serf
Serf

Well I guess I am first on the message board.
So...Has anyone beat this level, even on easy I get swamped in 2 minutes.

Post subject: Re: Campaign Level 3
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 10:07 
Serf
Serf

Well, I finally got it.

HINT:

Cruisers...lots and lots of cruisers. Spread out and attack all of the incoming ships. Once you hold the first wave, move 2 transports to take over the northern bases.
Also defend you south west beaches...them come at you from there in force once the northern force is defeated

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 01:15 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Actually, I should probably improve the AI little bit more so it builds more submarines to take out the cruisers!
:roll:

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 09:20 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Definitely, but not too many more!

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 10:03 
Investigator
Investigator

:rofl:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 08:33 
Serf
Serf

ArcticViper wrote:
Well I guess I am first on the message board.
So...Has anyone beat this level, even on easy I get swamped in 2 minutes.

I like the game but there are a few areas where it could be improved. It would be nice to have an easy mode. An easy mode would allow the player to see more of the game and understand its rules and overall gameplay a little better.

There are not many good strategy games for the iPad. One of my favorites is Armament. You can start in easy mode and work your way up through the difficulty levels.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 16:45 
Serf
Serf

The one with 3 Destroyers (Gunboats), 2 transports and on carrier (with 3 planes)?

My strategy (no units lost) - take the gunboats and select to attack the closest shipyard (you will not make it before getting hit with missiles, but this will put you where you need to be for this attack).
While your destroyers are moving to position, bring your carrier just out of range of the missiles. (you need the carrier close or you will lose planes). Also, send a transport to that north island and make 8 tanks (and move them to the south shore to defend against the invasion) and send your other transport next to the carrier.

Once you see the missile tank select him to attack (gunboats) and allow them to creep around and stop near the missile tank. Once your destroyers are stopped, "Move" your planes to attack the missile tank. You will get hit a few times, but if your carrier is close enough, they will return before they blow up. The planes distract the missile tank long enough for your gunboats to kill him.

Now, drop a tank to the east of the volcano and capture the shipyard so you can make repairs while you build Cruisers. Continue to "Move" your planes to attack destroyers, and use tanks when they get close to your islands (make sure you have a few on both of the islands you own while you are building the cruisers). Your destroyers will protect your cruisers from the subs, but do NOT let them chase the subs, they will be eaten up by the missiles on the mainland. Once you get enough $$ for 3 cruisers attack the mainland's missiles, using your east island's shipyard to make repairs. Your Cruisers will make mince meat of their destroyers, choppers, and missiles, and your original 3 gunships will protect the Cruisers from the subs. You don't really need to invade the mainland, just stay on the North Shore with your Cruisers and let them do the work...