Multiplayer Hub - Online Game Forums
http://www.multiplayerhub.com/board/

Post your Games!
http://www.multiplayerhub.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2995
Page 2 of 4

Author:  fodder [ 29 May 2009, 21:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

TotalLoss, I know where you are coming from. :p: I have never been married. My current S.O. I met at a gym playing basketball. She use to play for her high school team. Which I've always found odd since she claims to be 5'1", but I don't think she breaks 5'. :) She is the only one I dated who also plays games. She like games such are Harpoon, Squad Leader, and other military oriented games. So we have this in common which is unusual. I'm unaware of anyone I use to date ever having an issue with me playing games. The way I see it. It's no different from some guy being on a weekend softball team or in a bowling league. I did have one girl I dated who made some statement like, oh you'll be good with children. I knew better, so I kept my mouth shut but no child of mine is going to lose any pieces to my games. :motz: I'll buy them their own games. And, No, i have no children. In all fairness, I didn't always have this many games. In college, I gave them all to my brother. During college I think I had a couple of RPG books and that was it. The rest I slowly obtained over time.

I currently play games with a group of friends. We maybe play board games once a month. In that group there is up to 8 people. One of which is the wife of one of my friends. Myself and two others are not married. All the rest are. Of all those in the group, two of them have as many games or more games than I do. One of them also had 3 pinball games and 2 old video arcade games at his house until recently. They moved to a new house just last month so their daughter could be in a neighborhood with more children closer to her age. When they moved he got rid of the pinball and old video arcade games. He stated it was because of space, but I have my doubts. :o

Author:  lucjan [ 29 May 2009, 21:48 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

I think the fairest thing to blame is the economy. Those old arcade games can be expensive (or worth money, depending on how you look at it). My uncle has one in his basement and it's a blast. But it cost him a pretty penny.

Author:  bendamaster [ 29 May 2009, 23:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

lucjan wrote:
EDIT - Oh, and Benda, is that game multiplayer?


I assume you're talking about Commander: Europe at war.

yes it is, while it has a fairly good AI. Against humans you can have PBEM (play by email), Hotseat, and TCPIP (not sure what that stands for). The only one I've tried is PBEM which works fairly well.

Author:  TotalLoss [ 30 May 2009, 01:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

A girl who plays Harpoon!? I think you've found a keeper!


BTW I hope you realize I was only ribbing you. By all means you should enjoy doing the things you love, as long as you don't let it grow into an obsession. But I must say that when I read the list you posted, you sure didn't give me the impression of being a "once a month" gamer.

Cheers! :partyyy: :partyyy:

Author:  lucjan [ 30 May 2009, 19:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

That's exactly what I was talking about Benda. :^^: Once I get a couple of extra bucks I'll see if I can get my hands on the game. If I enjoy it, maybe we can have a pbem game?

Author:  fodder [ 30 May 2009, 21:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

TotalLoss wrote:
A girl who plays Harpoon!? I think you've found a keeper!


BTW I hope you realize I was only ribbing you. By all means you should enjoy doing the things you love, as long as you don't let it grow into an obsession. But I must say that when I read the list you posted, you sure didn't give me the impression of being a "once a month" gamer.

Cheers! :partyyy: :partyyy:

She an only child that comes from a military family. I think her father really wanted a boy. :roll:
I assumed you were having fun, but I did want to explain all the same. :pal:
If I could have it my way we would play more often, but between their individual lives, the kids and coordinating of free time. I think we're lucky to get any play time in.
:partyyy:

Author:  lucjan [ 31 May 2009, 05:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

Probably true.

Author:  bendamaster [ 31 May 2009, 09:50 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

lucjan wrote:
That's exactly what I was talking about Benda. :^^: Once I get a couple of extra bucks I'll see if I can get my hands on the game. If I enjoy it, maybe we can have a pbem game?


Awesome, I'd love to play against you in a PBEM game banana

Author:  fodder [ 31 May 2009, 10:11 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

lucjan wrote:
I think the fairest thing to blame is the economy. Those old arcade games can be expensive (or worth money, depending on how you look at it). My uncle has one in his basement and it's a blast. But it cost him a pretty penny.

Yes, those machine do have value to them. I have idea how much money he sunk into them. I know he did his own repair work. Now you got me curious. I'll have to ask him next time.

Author:  Beyazid [ 22 Jun 2009, 11:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

Do you know that this game got only 62% in one of the testplayers in Germany? 62% of 100%!!! Not the best, but I played the demo and it was ok, but the time was too short. Only 1 hour or 2.

Author:  lucjan [ 22 Jun 2009, 18:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

Which game is that?

Author:  TravisII [ 19 Jul 2009, 18:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

bendamaster wrote:
lucjan wrote:
EDIT - Oh, and Benda, is that game multiplayer?


I assume you're talking about Commander: Europe at war.

yes it is, while it has a fairly good AI. Against humans you can have PBEM (play by email), Hotseat, and TCPIP (not sure what that stands for). The only one I've tried is PBEM which works fairly well.


I have this game if you're still playing it benda. Or if lucjan ever got it we could all play? I haven't played it much so I'd **** at it.

Author:  fodder [ 20 Jul 2009, 08:42 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

TravisII wrote:
yes it is, while it has a fairly good AI. Against humans you can have PBEM (play by email), Hotseat, and TCPIP (not sure what that stands for). The only one I've tried is PBEM which works fairly well.

TCP/IP stands for: Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol. It's what UNIX operating systems (Solaris, LUNIX, MAC OS, Free BSD, etc) use to communicate and transfer data.

Author:  TravisII [ 20 Jul 2009, 16:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

What are you on about fodder? :P I was only referring to the game they were talking about... which I have and would play a pbem game.

Author:  fodder [ 20 Jul 2009, 19:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your Games!

TravisII wrote:
What are you on about fodder? :P I was only referring to the game they were talking about... which I have and would play a pbem game.
Education, enlightenment, knowledge... :klugscheisser: ;)
You stated you didn't know what TCP/IP stands for so I thought you would like to know.

Page 2 of 4 All times are UTC - 10 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/