» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: Re: Legalization of 1v1 bet games and some kid has slandered me
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 15:03 
Peasant
Peasant

Fodder, your guess is totally right and I am not English native speaker. As you are right about that I have called 1v1 illegal (even in topic name lol ) and you are right that I meant certain area of 1v1 games and not all range of 1v1 games (as I guess no bet 1v1 on symmetrical map cannot be not allowed). And I am sorry for my mistake here. But I assumed that it would be clear for anyone who is taking part in this discussion from very beginning as that was what we were discussing all this thread. But still I am sorry.

I agree that moderator's job is not easy and involves some tough decisions and moderator will most likely face hate and cursing but I have done my best to not fall in anger and be polite despite Jacob's immediate decision after report without any investigation, despite him not answering my key arguments while I tried to pay respect and answer every point he said, despite his tries to resolve case with authority instead of providing reasons and arguments. To be honest it was not easy. I respect the fact that he is moderator for such long time but it does not mean that he is always right and that he can't be wrong. Anyway I will not put any more pressure or critiques on him in this thread.

So lets return to topic. I want to know at what regulation and rules I can set up 1v1 bet games so if anyone tomorrow will report on me and I can prove that game followed these rules then I will not be unverified, silenced, banned, fined or punished in anyway. Is the last proposed option good enough for that?

P.S. BTW, Fodder, what is your nickname in game?)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2018, 19:07 
Serf
Serf

banana maybe one day I will beat miguel and byron first and last

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2018, 18:26 
Investigator
Investigator

aibar thank you for your acknowledgement of the difficulties of the position and being more understanding moving forward.

Moderators are people and people do make mistakes no matter if they are police offices, judges, politicians, doctors, actors, clerks, house wives or whatever they field happens to be. So yes, mistakes can be made. You can always ask for a second opinion. However, moderators don't always take quick action. A discussion is made and all moderator have the option to state their opinion and then a consensus. So when a moderator does take action most moderators have already given a thumbs up for that action.

In returning to the topic. It's my opinion that it's a work in progress so you may not get an answer until everyone is on board regarding to what changes if any are going to be made. Jacob will have a better insight on this topic than I.

Lastly, I'm currently in retirement from playing the game, so you won't see or find my nickname in game. If and when I do choose to come out of retirement I've gone by "fodder" in the past and I see no reason why I would change my name if I actively start playing again.