» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: Integration of global & local fertility festivals
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 13:28 

When we have many provinces, it often takes a lot of time for we to make festivals in every province. It happens a lot in fertility festivals: when everything is peaceful, it is very important to increase population, and we can make the population grow 2x faster if we make festivals in each province as well.

However, if we have many provinces, that becomes very slow. In blitz games, I often cant make festivals in all provinces due to the clock.

What if the global festival, instead of a whole different thing, be only a quick (and maybe cheaper) way to make a festival in all provinces at the same time? This way, after a global fertility festival, it would not be possible to make individual festivals in any province for 6 turns.

If one of the provinces had individual fertility festival already, then that province does not increase population in a global fertility festival.

What do you guys say? Would this be an interesting idea?

Post subject: Re: Integration of global & local fertility festivals
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 17:08 
Game Developer
Game Developer

It's possible, but you can simply circumvent it by making festivals at the province & then the global festival right after.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 03:08 

The best solution is one I believe has been discussed before, but was decided would only work for PC. Half the time wasted is from having to open a second window for each territory before being able to click the button for a festival. The way to streamline the process would be to make the three icons next to each territory clickable (the target, +, and up arrow). Again, this would be impossible for mobile players as the icons are too small to touch.

Another option that I'm not sure is even possible would be to squeeze the "Manage" column in order to widen the "Your Settlements" column. Then add two new large buttons to the right of the settlement icon, one to increase happiness the other population.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2017, 15:56 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Good point! That's actually still on my todo-list.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 06:25 
Serf
Serf

About that proposal. One day I solution that come to mind. Instead of making buttons at every province. It would be easier to handle an option that allows you to increase happiness or population or pillage… to the provinces you choose. So you would only need a button for every province and a few ones at the top or somewhere with empty space.

That way, you can click increase happiness; it shows you with a different colour which provinces you might choose and which ones you are unable by the moment. Also, it should show how much money you have to spend or get, in addition of the number of provinces you have marked.

Something like that would be the basics of my proposal. It can be very useful now that we’re changing the GUI as the last update.