» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: The problem in blitz games.
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 08:22 
Freeman
Freeman

I played 3 blitz games. In every game are faced with the following situation. The end of the turn. Data is being transferred. Some time. And then instead of a new turn, I see that I already done turn. And to cancel it I can't. Wait until the end. And see that the turn missed. Question - why is this happening?

P.S. Sorry for the bad English.

Post subject: Re: The problem in blitz games.
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 11:50 

Must be a bug. Noble, maybe it's related to that change we did to remove the re-do button from blitz games?

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 16:52 
Peasant
Peasant

kamo wrote:
Must be a bug. Noble, maybe it's related to that change we did to remove the re-do button from blitz games?

I think i am having the same problem, why would you guys want to remove that lovely button anyways? 0.o

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 17:28 
Game Developer
Game Developer

It has nothing to do with the [Redo]-button. I simply removed the button for FAST games as pressing it might cause problems.

I think there might be cases where if it's the end of the turn and your actions are submitted and they don't make it to the server in time. In those cases, the order reaches the server too late and are not considered.

Do you have a good/stable internet connection? Are you running the latest version of the game? What platform is this on: Desktop, Android or iOS?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 04:22 
Freeman
Freeman

Desktop. I have a good Internet channel. At the time when I had a similar error, I downloaded sites to check Internet connection is working or not.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 07:05 
Peasant
Peasant

noblemaster wrote:
It has nothing to do with the [Redo]-button. I simply removed the button for FAST games as pressing it might cause problems.

I think there might be cases where if it's the end of the turn and your actions are submitted and they don't make it to the server in time. In those cases, the order reaches the server too late and are not considered.

Do you have a good/stable internet connection? Are you running the latest version of the game? What platform is this on: Desktop, Android or iOS?

The problem in my case is exactly that sometimes i dont have a good connection, like petraa said we lose 2 turns because of abscence of the button, the first one because of the internet connection and the second because there is no re-do button and then the game "skips" from turn 32 to 35(for example) in a sense.

The re-do button cant comeback? :(

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 17:55 
Game Developer
Game Developer

The [Redo] button only makes the problem worse! That's why it's disabled. How you describe it, if you were to use the [Redo]-button in your case, you would re-do turn 32 while the game would already be at 35 and you'd end up being even more behind.

The problem is the game client isn't properly synced. That needs to be fixed. It's little bit tricky to investigate.

Is there something that can be used to reproduce the bug? That way I could fix it easier!?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 21:01 
Freeman
Freeman

The redo-button was quite helpful at rejoining a blitz after aoc had crashed. You would re-enter the game, click redo and then do the current turn, now you just have to watch and wait for the next turn to start. so it's always at least one more turn lost now than before =/

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017, 09:15 
Peasant
Peasant

https://youtu.be/kJJvVHV1590

Here i reproduced the problem, tried to upload directly but it never finished to load the video lol

I turned off wifi to make it happen like if i lost connection, i was in turn 2, then "lost connection" and then i enabled wifi again and turn 3 came without me able to do any move because there are only 2 "leave" buttons, it skipped directly to turn 4

This is what usually happens only without me needing to disable wifi :partyyy:

If the re-do button was there i would still lose the movements from turn 2 but at least could play turn 3, but without him we lose 2 turns in a row.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017, 17:09 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Thanks for the test :kg:

I assume you were alone in the game? In that case, I believe you submitted orders for turn 2, but because the network was down, your orders made it to turn 3 only. It's the wrong turn, so the orders got rejected by the server, nevertheless, the server thought you were done and went to the next turn 4 immediately due to WEGO-Fast mode.

Anyhow, again, I don't think re-adding the [Redo]-button is the solution. Rather, let me implement a fix that will rectify the problem! I'll either accept orders even if they are for a previous turn or properly reject them to prevent the server going to the next turn immediatly.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2017, 09:04 
Peasant
Peasant

noblemaster wrote:
Thanks for the test :kg:

I assume you were alone in the game? In that case, I believe you submitted orders for turn 2, but because the network was down, your orders made it to turn 3 only. It's the wrong turn, so the orders got rejected by the server, nevertheless, the server thought you were done and went to the next turn 4 immediately due to WEGO-Fast mode.

Anyhow, again, I don't think re-adding the [Redo]-button is the solution. Rather, let me implement a fix that will rectify the problem! I'll either accept orders even if they are for a previous turn or properly reject them to prevent the server going to the next turn immediatly.

I made a cut between turns to shorten the video, but in reality i still had to wait turn 3 to end in order to be able to do anything, what about if it wasnt we-go fast? It happens in the same way and still lose 2 turns which otherwise could be just 1 :( there is what curare said to consider too, altough i didnt had that problem yet

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 00:41 
Serf
Serf

it is definitely related to internet connection. I tested this situation many times. When there is a change in the strength of the phone, it is very likely that you will encounter such a situation when a call comes in.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 16:06 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Please note, this should be fixed in the latest release 4.4.166! It's still possible to lose a turn, but you will only lose the turn where you device couldn't connect to the game but can continue entering your actions directly for the next turn again!