» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: Re: Lukas
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 17:00 
Peasant
Peasant

wxystad wrote:
Nope, i never said that.
You have a real bad memory. :headbash:
It wasn't that. I sent you a pm.

Alright, lets see.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2017, 02:12 
Serf
Serf

The idea of a council is not bad in my opinion, creating a place where clan owners could talk together in order to hear everyone voices. That could clarify a lot of things I guess, and giving some more importance to being a clan leader. However it shouldn't be like a syndicate. The mods team is trustable, their judgements are fair enough and unbiased ( since Curare left obviously ) ( sorry Curare, I'd like this **** war between us to stop, but this is what I think, an admin must be impartial ).
After all, we can all see now that this game is more about politic than a simple war game. :klugscheisser:

I have a suggestion about the display of the ranking menu. It should at least open on the fast ranking instead of nothing when a player opens it. It feels weird now when opening the ranking menu to see a grey screen. It's just a detail, but I guess that players needs at least one given landmark to situate themselves. Also why not a general ranking based on an average of all the ranking ? I like this idea. :klugscheisser:

And to finish, about Lukas, I guess that even his enemies have no joy to see him disabled, even if he deserved it or not. We all have to admit that he was to a lot of players THE reason to play better. This is the good aspect of having such a player in the game. :pal:

Well, I hope the storm of those last days is on his end now. We should all take advantage of this new blow given by the reseting of everyone's elo. This is a new step for all, the game is great, it would a pity to waste it with old rancours. :irre:

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2017, 12:32 
Peasant
Peasant

In parts:

Stentor wrote:
The idea of a council is not bad in my opinion, creating a place where clan owners could talk together in order to hear everyone voices. That could clarify a lot of things I guess, and giving some more importance to being a clan leader. However it shouldn't be like a syndicate. The mods team is trustable, their judgements are fair enough and unbiased ( since Curare left obviously ) ( sorry Curare, I'd like this **** war between us to stop, but this is what I think, an admin must be impartial ).
After all, we can all see now that this game is more about politic than a simple war game. :klugscheisser:

Thanks for the support but i think we as a council SHOULD or at least COULD get some significance to the mods/adms...as i see they simply cant always take a good decision because they dont have enough information or simply are biased by reasons that i feel better to keep to myself at least for now. The game has a lot of important/influential people that arent getting any look at because of the "be a mod" restrictions (or any individual reasons), me and curare are not **** (maybe just a little), we wouldnt risk being banned like lukas was because of no meaninful matters, despite noble and some mods at least seems to think that way.

Stentor wrote:
I have a suggestion about the display of the ranking menu. It should at least open on the fast ranking instead of nothing when a player opens it. It feels weird now when opening the ranking menu to see a grey screen. It's just a detail, but I guess that players needs at least one given landmark to situate themselves. Also why not a general ranking based on an average of all the ranking ? I like this idea. :klugscheisser:

I second that, since the elo reset i am very confused about the ranking, someone said there is 4 elos now, every player appears as 900 elo to me even with 2 days since the reset and i have no idea where to see any rank. :irre:

Stentor wrote:
And to finish, about Lukas, I guess that even his enemies have no joy to see him disabled, even if he deserved it or not. We all have to admit that he was to a lot of players THE reason to play better. This is the good aspect of having such a player in the game. :pal:

See everyone? I think too that NOBODY wants lukas banned, the community would lose, when the people that plays the game loses, the games loses as well, lukas told that he is not coming back, just bring his acc back to normal and block him from talking with the mods like curare suggested, if he will come back or not is another story but at least that you can bring yourselves to do :)

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2017, 12:52 
Freeman
Freeman

we were already talking about the primary display of the rankings section here:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=5282

(:

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 16:56 
Peasant
Peasant

Well, it seems i wont get an answer from the devs and nobody dont give a **** anymore, then see you all when the next "case" boils up and we all get worked up all over again because of the same old problems banana

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 19:57 

We have been discussing the issue TrankaRua. Patience :)

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 03:58 
Peasant
Peasant

Jacob719 wrote:
We have been discussing the issue TrankaRua. Patience :)

Thanks, i am waiting then :)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017, 04:38 

Looks like it won't go ahead TrankaRua although it was an intriguing idea. Because most of the mods are playing the game actively we are aware of 99% percent of the issues that are referred to us anyway. Plus if there was a council it risks dividing the player base, people not on the council would feel left out and would complain about those that are in it etc. People in the council would argue with one another. What would happen if the council put forward a suggestion that something be implemented and it got rejected by admin? a whole lot of complaining that's what :)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017, 06:39 
Peasant
Peasant

Jacob719 wrote:
Looks like it won't go ahead TrankaRua although it was an intriguing idea. Because most of the mods are playing the game actively we are aware of 99% percent of the issues that are referred to us anyway. Plus if there was a council it risks dividing the player base, people not on the council would feel left out and would complain about those that are in it etc. People in the council would argue with one another. What would happen if the council put forward a suggestion that something be implemented and it got rejected by admin? a whole lot of complaining that's what :)

Part of the idea of the council is exactly so we have a place to argue, lukas probably got banned for sometimes making to much fuss in public alongside arguing with the mods, i know that not everything that we suggest will be inplemented but like i said many times, we just want you guys to take more into consideration a important part of the player base, that is why i suggested that some lonewolfs would participate too, clans wouldnt have a problem since their leaders can/might (or not) represent their clan's ideals in the council

If you look closely, it might very well make people feel left out but, in the other hand, it will support people to try and play better and be more supportive of the community as well (since these 2 things would be criteria for even be mentioned as a potential member of the council)

Based on what i said now, may i ask for you guys to give it a second look at? Maybe implement it in the game as an experience at first, if doesnt turn out well and bring more trouble, it always possible to say "bye!" to it, we will never know for sure if its a good idea or not if we dont even try :)

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2017, 09:55 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

In my opinion, all our players are our council, and we equally respect each voice that is heard.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 00:37 
Serf
Serf

We need to increase the number of players. I can not find someone to play at night. I always work at night. I am ready to do what we need to increase the number of players. So I try to produce different maps. People can be more entertaining. So to ban a player is the last thing to be considered. And if this person is a good actor, he should think a lot of times. It's hard to win anything. It's easy to lose. All you have to do to lose is to draw what you need.
If you do not have a league and you do not have a rival, you can not enjoy that league. If you have a competitor then the fun begins. Everyone can make mistakes. It will not be human without error. Everyone deserves a chance again.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2017, 14:09 
Freeman
Freeman

that is also my observation.

banning him meant artificially cutting out the top challenge. this apparently lead to a massive loss of motivation for many top blitz players.

this was a matter of using unfortunate words which by now could be reduced to none by fully banning someone from texting in any way.

it was not an option back then, it is now, and that's what it's meant for, is it not?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2017, 17:33 
Game Developer
Game Developer

A banned account still allows contacting the moderator team. I don't think anyone in the moderator team is looking forward to receiving periodical complaints about themselves.

In any case, Lukas already said he won't come back, so any discussion seems pretty moot.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2017, 23:45 
Freeman
Freeman

he would definitely come back, i am still in contact with him.

you moderators can block users just like anyone else. i know that from experience (:

you just hold a grudge and that's that. if so, fine, but then just say so, instead of pretending that there would be no way for you to be safe.

you have updated your means to deal with such users, so why not apply that to him, as well?