» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: New ideas.
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 08:14 
Freeman
Freeman

The first idea. Regarding cheaters.
Is it possible to automate the process of tracking by ip or mac address, when the same user visits the same game from different countries? Firstly to enter he for one country and then another country. Other players should see the same player on the basis of the same ip or mac address.
----
The second idea. I have a proposal in time for the games TOP100. We can to change every week, the start time of the game at +3 hour relative to the current? The current time is extremely inconvenient for my (and many other). 8 weeks start time of the match will come to the starting point.

Post subject: Re: New ideas.
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 10:10 
Freeman
Freeman

you can deceptively change your IP anyway, but i'm sure you already know that.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 11:24 

Ip checks exist and work well :)

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 12:25 
Freeman
Freeman

yet they can be circumvented and many things point to it being the case. but who cares :partyyy:

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 16:23 
Peasant
Peasant

curare wrote:
yet they can be circumvented and many things point to it being the case. but who cares :partyyy:

No one it seems, all people are caring about is getting money, even if it means staying with the wrong people, anyone who gets in the way gets "silenced" or banned banana

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 17:25 
Freeman
Freeman

curare wrote:
you can deceptively change your IP anyway, but i'm sure you already know that.

You can get around anything. But it requires resources. For example, the time. Unlike you, I can't have in the game a long time and waste your time on such ridiculous things. Such are the majority. Obviously, that plunge first and foremost those who do it for the first time. It will be impossible to log out of your account and log into another account. You will need to mask their data. It will take time.

P.S. Your suggestions? In addition to constant moaning. There are no ideas.

P.S.1. Unlike you, I don't know on what basis the game "catches" cheaters. I was not an administrator.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 00:01 
Freeman
Freeman

do i have to spoon-feed everything to you?

your first suggestion would lead to a change, which could be circumvented the same way as the current set up.

your second suggestion is also rather pointless, since the top100 game in itself is not interesting the way it is set up, regardless of the time.

i got a suggestion for you:
stick to the rules and teach that to your fellow clan members. scamming for a second place, since that is the most you will get out of it, is not worth it, is it? (omg, your answer to this will be 'it is.') :crazy:

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 00:30 
Freeman
Freeman

You would be the expert to work and not a psychologist. You have a great determine what to do and what not. What makes sense and what does not make sense.
About the clan, fraud and other things. Cheater need to disable. Questions to the administrators. If it is me, all my games are in sight. I play very little, and only play long games. If there is evidence of my fraud, contact the administrator. Unlike you, I know how to respect the rules of decency and rules of the game.
And I don't steal other people's data. :klugscheisser:

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 17:03 
Game Developer
Game Developer

re-TOP100: I thought we had 2 times where you could play per day? If not, maybe good to add or so!?

re-cheat investigations: automation is possible to some degree, but it would result in a lot of false positives & can be circumvented also. I think how it is handled right now is working well enough. We get a lot of reports but most of them turn out to be nothing, or better some random players unrelated players being accused of cheating.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 09:17 

Noble, can we have the minimum number of players condition implemented for periodic events? Then we can have top100 in different times too. Otherwise I don't think it's fair to receive the same award for beating 2 players as for beating 12 players.

(The min pl con: The game would not start if there is not enough players joined at the time of start)

Otherwise it's hard to find the best time as everybody wants to have it in different one. I chose the times when the most people were online.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 18:17 
Game Developer
Game Developer

It's on the todo-list already! Forgot the other topic this was suggested in, just didn't get to it yet. Please wait! :gott: