» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: Open travel and alliance
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 09:17 
Peasant
Peasant

I wonder what's the logic behind troop stuck in ex-ally teritory. In another game like Civilization for example, when alliance treaty are canceled, opposing troop will get deported to nearest neutral/friendly teri

In my case, it was him who canceled the treaty so it feel very unfair for me to be unable to move my troop away, especially when my teritory is just next to the stuck troop. Very unpleasant and imo could use a change. At least if it wasn't us who actively canceled the alliance then troop shouldn't get stuck.

I have complicated relationship with AoC, love and hate at the same time. Falling in love with the general gameplay but it could use a lot of polishing.

Post subject: Re: Open travel and alliance
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 21:49 
Game Developer
Game Developer

What do you mean by "stuck"? You can still move your troops unless it is a bug!? However, you get a penalty each turn keeping your troops on non-ally/protectorate territory.

What teleportation concerns:
  • It feels unnatural. Especially if your territory is far away, it seems odd to have troops teleport at an instant to a far-way location in my opinion.
  • It would be annoying to move troops through ally territory next to an enemy location, to have them suddenly teleport all the way back (possibly far) to your own territory.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 01:19 
Peasant
Peasant

noblemaster wrote:
What do you mean by "stuck"? You can still move your troops unless it is a bug!? However, you get a penalty each turn keeping your troops on non-ally/protectorate territory.

What teleportation concerns:
  • It feels unnatural. Especially if your territory is far away, it seems odd to have troops teleport at an instant to a far-way location in my opinion.
  • It would be annoying to move troops through ally territory next to an enemy location, to have them suddenly teleport all the way back (possibly far) to your own territory.

I am experiencing a bug then, coz i can't move the troop at all but the penalty works normally, the troop count keep diminishing each turn. The game is still going on if you wanna check it personally, the title is BALANCED SWORD. I am Russian in the match, my troop stuck in Kazakhstan's teritory.

Off topic : i recently also got a bug with inauguration party, so i captured a province but the inauguration party option didn't show up. Can't reproduce the bug, happened only that once so far.

And yes i agree with you instant teleportation feel a bit magical :D

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 02:58 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Quote:
I am experiencing a bug then, coz i can't move the troop at all but the penalty works normally, the troop count keep diminishing each turn. The game is still going on if you wanna check it personally, the title is BALANCED SWORD. I am Russian in the match, my troop stuck in Kazakhstan's teritory.

I checked! I was able to move the troops. However, given your troops are in non-traversable territory, you have to move them all at once. The count-option is disabled and set to maximum. Just press the button to move them. Could that be the confusion? I was stumped at first too that the count-selection was disabled, but moving all the troops worked for me.

Quote:
Off topic : i recently also got a bug with inauguration party, so i captured a province but the inauguration party option didn't show up. Can't reproduce the bug, happened only that once so far.

I checked the code: this should work just fine now. Is it possible that you held the inauguration party already and forgot about it? So, when you tried to hold it again, you didn't realize it was already done?

Otherwise, I'd really need a way to reproduce!

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 05:50 
Peasant
Peasant

Sorry for very late reply

For that particular case I wasn't able to move the troop at all, partially or altogether at once.

I'm sure i haven't held the party yet, unfortunately can't reproduce it.