» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: Suggestions for the game
PostPosted: 01 May 2017, 03:57 
Peasant
Peasant

Hey guys, I was thinking, Don't you hate it when your on single player and your two closest allies start fighting, or when you've got to spend heaps of action points making multiple alliances?

Well my suggestion is the addition of unions! They basically have the same function of an alliance, but you can send it out to a group of countries, therefore disallowing them to invade allies without leaving the treaty. If a country invades a member of the treaty, a request to help them in the war is automatically sent out, and if a new country wants to join the union all the members must vote whether or not they can be. This would also open up a lot of potential for starting scenarios, as a person could make things like the European Union. Creating a union would cost 4.0 and it would take 0.1 to add another member and 1.0 to leave. I couldn't say anything about happiness as I don't often play with it.

Another suggestion is the ability to create puppet states. You would select a territory and then turn it into a easy ai that is your protectorate and accepts every question you ask it. This could be useful for defending your borders against a hostile neighbour, surrounding your king or land borders, assisting you in invading a country or paying homage to a lost ally. It could also become a "collectables" thing where it costs coins to buy colours for your puppet states (and possibly name them but I don't know if it'd be better to name them during a match or have 5 set ones that the player can choose)

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you guys consider taking out my suggestions :D

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for the game
PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 04:21 
Peasant
Peasant

Not insulting, but hint:
-The added complexity of the union could disrupt the simplicity of the game, but I consider it as a good idea
-About puppet states, sounds like having another player protecting you by having your border provinces, which is unfair, and possibly useless, the belligerent only needs a war declaration and the puppet state is gone. Bad idea

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 16:08 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I think this was suggested before. Adding unions would mean the existing system would have to be replaced. Both won't work well together. I believe this has been suggested before. Although I don't mind the idea, I think this might be better suited for a future version of the game (rather than completely changing the existing diplomacy). One other thing is, it somewhat overlaps with the team-system. Although it's not an "union"-system it's somewhat similar to it, albeit not the same.

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 19:10 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I agree, it would require an overhaul of how diplomacy currently works.

Would love to see it in the next AoC though!

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 11:14 
Peasant
Peasant

Ok, but you must admit that there should be a way to ask two fighting allies to stop battling, maybe it could be done the same way as inquiry join war but it's inquiry make peace.