» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: AoC IV Turn Priority
PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 11:02 
Serf
Serf

To me, this is a YAY !

I think it can equilibrate when a nation is going stronger. Weaker players will maybe stay longer in the game if they have still the ability to do an action before the stronger.

For the realistic point of view, smaller administration have a better reactivity ! Lager country have more intermediates...

And I'm agree with Noblemaster about the confusion added if there's an option. We don't always have a look to the game's setup.

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 07:19 
Serf
Serf

I didn't saw it was already in production. I realized it only after a few mistakes :headbash:.

Quote:
it's easy to just declare war and attack on the same turn. A lot of people lose their King even though they ordered to move him.

However, what do you think to makes the Chef move always the first ? It may be more difficult to quick capture it, but this is the price of war.

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 15:32 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Well, the turn priority has been given to the smaller nation, so it's left up to a smart player to move him first - or not! I think that adds an element of strategy on it's own, no reason to make it always have the leader move first.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 02:26 
Freeman
Freeman

I want to describe my situation. My country has been larger (it was a duel with Wodan). I know. It move first. Under attack was my king. So the first movement, I sent the king to a neighbouring province. He before his attack twice bought soldiers. (It's actions? or not?) Twice!!! And still his movement was first. He killed my king. Why? How is implemented the mechanism of the periodicity of action?

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 04:17 

Petraa76 wrote:
I want to describe my situation. My country has been larger (it was a duel with Wodan). I know. It move first. Under attack was my king. So the first movement, I sent the king to a neighbouring province. He before his attack twice bought soldiers. (It's actions? or not?) Twice!!! And still his movement was first. He killed my king. Why? How is implemented the mechanism of the periodicity of action?

(Ok, TravisII, Noblemaster, Jacob or any of you guys correct me if I am wrong.)

Petraa76, lad, recruitment happens before any movement and I think it doesnt occupy a turn so consider: recruiting turn 0 (doesnt matter how many provinces you recruit in or how many times, so basically what i am trying to say is all recruiting happens at the same time in one country). And as you might know smaller nations move first.

So there you go, that is your answer :)

You were the bigger nation, your king got ambushed by a larger better organised force, while your soldiers were taking a nap in some oasis or .................... messing around with the wenches.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 04:45 
Freeman
Freeman

This is wrong! The recruitment of soldiers is also an action. I couldn't get the soldiers, because in the province were not residents. I could not put the fortress. When you capture a new province there's no way to build a fortress. Why? (But the capture of neutral province, the fortress can be done. Right?)

PS. In the previous version it was different. I know. I could manage to remove the king. I have to get used to the new rules.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 04:53 
Freeman
Freeman

Yes, Chaos is right: recruitments happen before any movement.
It is true that recruitment is an "action" (it costs action points), but it is a static one. These static actions are not counted when it comes to deciding the actual move order in the next turn (this is written in the FAQs I guess).

Also, mind that the move order is based on the standings, not on the size of the territory (Noblemaster, can you confirm?).

:pal:

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 04:53 

I didnt say it wasnt an action.

But since I know I am probably wrong in some aspect I will just ask you to wait until someone more knowledgeable comes along.

edit: just realised your post skywatcher lol

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 06:53 
Game Developer
Game Developer

ALL recruitment occur before any movement actions. Then all the movements are executed with the smallest nation (based on standings) moving first.

Please note it should be described in "Help & Info" in the game!

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 17:08 

There is a mistake in the "Help & Info".
It says "Static orders such as recruiting, disbanding, ...... ... are executed first before any movements.... "

The disbanding takes place after the move/attack orders as described here http://www.multiplayerhub.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4785

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 20:43 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Thanks! :gott: I'll fix it for the next update.

What else?

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 22:22 
Freeman
Freeman

My opinion. Recruiting soldiers is an action, too. It is unfair that big powers there is no opportunity to save the king. Just because recruiting is instantaneous. Where have you seen that in real life you could someone instantly to hire?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 04:41 

It's not clear for me at least if the declaring war is static or counts as a movement.

I have the idea in the practice that it counts, but i'm not sure and is not explained anywhere

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 05:30 
Freeman
Freeman

I will add. Sending messages, increase happiness in provinces, festivals. What type of action?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 06:21 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I will update the manual as follows. When orders are executed:

1. Static Orders such as recruiting, fortifications, diplomacy, messaging and population management are executed first before any sorted orders below are taking place.

2. Sorted Orders are executed using a round robin algorithm with the weakest nation in a game moving first. The strongest nation moves last. The following orders fall into this category: (a) movements, (b) attacks, (c) declaring war, (d) cancelling relations, (e) abandoning provinces and (f) disbanding troops. Everything else is in static orders.

Please note that the round robin algorithm for sorted orders only considers movements and attacks when switching to another nation. A nation will get all sorted orders executed until a movement/attack event is found after which the next nation can execute again until a movement/attack event is encountered for that nation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next