» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Strategy Guide (V2)
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:41 
Investigator
Investigator

I heavily use the recruit button and would miss it. However, just a merc version of it could be entertaining. I'm willing to give it a go and see what I think of it. By the way, was anybody else under the impression that lucjan might be a tad upset over not having a recruit function? :???: :headbash: :lol:

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:55 
Knight
Knight

A tad upset? Jesum Crow I thought I was actually going to have to start an insurgency for a moment there! I will launch a rebellion should my beloved recruitment button ever disappear (in functionality, but I can deal with a name change).

This is the **** internet! :x I will behave any way I damn well please! ~Anonymous

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 17:26 
Knight
Knight

Biohazard wrote:
a merc only game would be fun play once in a while

Y'know what else would be interesting to try? A game with no pop replenishment, so once you recruit you need to conquer to get any pop increase. Or disband troops after moving them from somewhere else. Wouldn't exactly be AoC, but it'd be interesting to try sometime.

.............Image

PostPosted: 30 May 2010, 03:21 
Knight
Knight

That would work up to a certain point. Once all provs are owned and once people start merc'ing the pop from those provs, soon, no one will have anything to fight with and the last few people with smart pop management skills will be the only ones with any army. Although I do agree that it would be interesting to see a game full of such people.

PostPosted: 30 May 2010, 16:07 
Knight
Knight

... or maybe very very slow pop growth. But yes, you guessed my strategy. It's one of the reasons I like the MartianMen map so much. Starting provs have 200 eco and 100 morale, but empty ones are zero in both. Separates the men from the boys real fast.

.............Image

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 04:14 
Knight
Knight

Well, we already have very slow pop growth as I've noticed with Fodders North America map for the iPhone. It's only on one scenario that I've noticed so far. Starting pop is anywhere from 0 - 10 and it takes a good 2 dozen (or more) turns to get up to about 1,000. If you even get that high (depends on how close you are to provs that do have a decent sized pop). I suppose new maps/scenarios could easily be set up in a similar fashion.

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 07:52 
Knight
Knight

Something like what Imlagging is describing could be done, and might make things pretty interesting. I wonder how colonizing by recruiting/disbanding would help aid population growth throughout the empire.

This is the **** internet! :x I will behave any way I damn well please! ~Anonymous

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 13:47 
Investigator
Investigator

I wanted that one scenario to be low pop. Just to have something different to play. However, according to ImLagging it's to slow. So I've increased the population at little. I've also tired to correct the border problems you mentioned. In addition I've added two new scenario to North America. I haven't submitted it noblemaster yet because I've been waiting for additional feedback from ImLagging and the final version of maptool v3. If anyone wants I can send noblemaster the updated version as I have it. Otherwise, I can wait until V3 is out where I can fully test the map and scenarios.

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 15:19 
Knight
Knight

Oops. I completely forgot to give you that info. I took screenshots and put them on my computer, but forgot to post about it. I'll go do that right now.

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 17:33 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

@ Fodder - did you get the latest version of North America before you added to it? If not, you'd have to get it and then change stuff...

The border problems are likely due to deletion of provinces after you went and set all the borders. However, since I worked on the map too, those errors could be mine and not yours :P. The only one I found in the NA version I have was the random border mark out in Mexico.

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 22:29 
Investigator
Investigator

TravisII wrote:
@ Fodder - did you get the latest version of North America before you added to it? If not, you'd have to get it and then change stuff...

The border problems are likely due to deletion of provinces after you went and set all the borders. However, since I worked on the map too, those errors could be mine and not yours :P. The only one I found in the NA version I have was the random border mark out in Mexico.

No, it's the original one that I submitted. How do I get the update version? Do I ask Christoph to email it to me?

What changes did you make or did you just fixed problems?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 01:26 
Knight
Knight

a population limited game would be great fun i'd say start all provinces off maxed and see who best preserves there men, you could put a minimum clause in where provinces will grow up to 10k in pop so your never truely buggered, but it will be the guy who's fought less at the start who'll be coming out of it with a winner, or the one whos been able to grab more provinces from the start

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 03:30 
Knight
Knight

TravisII wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's fodders version as I got ahold of the NA for iPhone game as soon as it was available for sale. According to the App Store, it was released Nov 18, 09. Oh, and I just checked the screenshots for the iPhone version in the App Store, and it shows one of the errant border markers... :pssst:

Biohazard wrote:
a population limited game would be great fun i'd say start all provinces off maxed and see who best preserves there men, you could put a minimum clause in where provinces will grow up to 10k in pop so your never truely buggered, but it will be the guy who's fought less at the start who'll be coming out of it with a winner, or the one whos been able to grab more provinces from the start

As things work right now, if provs are max'd for pop or even at half, it'll take a LOT of recruiting to destroy your pop.

Fodder: I originally saw this as a problem, but now I'm seeing this from a strategic point of view.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 08:49 
Knight
Knight

:thijacked:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 09:40 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Yep, we're way off topic :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next