» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: The Young Sultan
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 06:29 

Day 1:
Dear diary,
yesterday daddy was killed by a freak accident involving a weasel, a bra and Miss Titlebottom from down the road. I have now been crowned the sultan of Eygpt. It's all very exciting. At first I didn't know what to do as the sultan, so I senteced some poeple to death, Daddy was very good at doing that, but after a while i got bored, so I turned my attention on the state of our country. The borders of my country of roughly 12 provinces where very rough, leaving large open spaces where multiple armies could attack me at once, so I hired some mecenaries to clear out the barbarian **** living within some of my surronding provinces. Also I started recruting for my exspansion plans, because the weather in Eygpt is to hot for me now, I think I will start heading north to cooler regions. But I will have to wait to finish consolidating my power down here first. Also I sent a message to our next door neighbours inviting them round for luncheon and peace nogotiations.

Day 2:
Dear Dairy,
the exspansion went just as planned. I captured four provinces, three by force, and one on my own. The battles were harsh indeed, but the disorganised rabals didnt stand a chance against the mercenaries. At one point our lien nearly buckled but our cavalry pushed the rats back and out of the country. Income this year was good, and I managed to by my self a new uranium crown for quite a bit of money. The man who sold it to me said it wouldn't be worth much now, but its price would increase as nukiler technology developed, but i dont knwo what that means. He also advised me not to wear it on my head, but I think he was just joking about that. I still haven't got an answer from the neighbours, maybe they were out when my messnger dropped the lettre of. Lastly, you never guess who came into court today...... Lucian Freud, yes the one with to much hands on his time (so much that he finds hands to paint naked fat poeple), but I ordered a painting of my countries and teh surronding area. Here it is.
Oh I forgot to say, I am also exspanding further west into north africa, hopefuly if our campiagn is succesful we will bring peace and prosperity to another three provinces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 08:33 
Mercenary
Mercenary

Quote:
the exspansion went just as planned. I captured four provinces, three by force, and one on my own.

What do you mean by capturing "one on my own"? Is there any way of capturing provinces, that not by force?(besides buying...wich is not a very smart move)

Btw, keep updating this post, like in the scc community. We need activity around here. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 11:17 

On my own, refered to the kign going into a country on his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 11:28 
Serf
Serf

is that a smart move? i certainly increases the provinces you own, but the odds of getting the king captured may be high, or am i worng?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 11:46 

its a dangerous tactic and is best regarded as an 'exploit' of a loophole

it will be cancelled when Chris gets time

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 11:54 

Into an empty province?
Even then it is dangerous?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 12:03 

it is inherently dangerous because other players get to spot where your king is, and that he is unsupported

tbh its the only reason I attacked bthizle in a current game

(cant remember which one i'm in 12+ atm)