» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Feature Requests

Should unions be added to Age of Conquest?
Poll ended at 21 Oct 2018, 11:09
Yes 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Union's
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2018, 11:09 

I would love to see Unions much like we have the European Union in real life. So let's get to the details:

How would this feature work?
In a match I would like there to be a button where it opens a union page so we can start a union or join a union or invite other players to join a union. Though you can only be in 1 union at any one time.

Every 10 turns there could be an election for which member state to lead the union unless the original union creating nation does not enable this option.

The leading member state can propose treaties that effect how the union works. These are then voted for and if more than 50% of current member states support it then it is added. (See below for treaty ideas)

Why have this feature?
We could have a range of treaties to be voted for which would add a new democratic side to the game so for example this treaty: If one nation in the union is attacked all fellow nations go automatically to war with the attacking nation outside of the union.

Treaty ideas
Automatic War - (Detailed above)

Free Trade - No tax to be paid transitioning gold from member state to member state of the union

Land Purchase Relaxation - No happiness penalty transferring land ownership from a member state to another member state of the union

Paid leave of the union - If a member state wishes to leave the union a fee of 10,000 gold must be paid, this gold is then distributed to remaining members of the union

Post subject: Re: Union's
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2018, 12:25 
Serf
Serf

so its kinda like the party system in hoi4, but without all that complication? cause that is one of the things i love the most about that game and would love to see in aoc

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2018, 12:42 

zirigdoom wrote:
so its kinda like the party system in hoi4, but without all that complication? cause that is one of the things i love the most about that game and would love to see in aoc

Yes though in what I view as a simpler fashion as Age of Conquest is more of a simpler to grasp game. :kg:

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 03:27 

Could be done but no way this can be a feature for rated games but it can be interesting idea to try. Only problems I see is how a winner will come out of the end? Will it be a tie between all or will it have to dissolve?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 16:09 

I like the idea. But i believe there needs to be few changes to the idea then it be perfect however it could possibly be rated for maps like World Map. Also the highest a person can have in a union needs a limit i say. And 10,000 to leave sounds ridicolous. Its like leaving EU but worser. Cant even collect that money after 100 turns or just a bad player hehe. This could be discussed and become something very good. Keep it up buddy!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 08:53 
Peasant
Peasant

10.000 to leave union is indeed ridiculous it would be more logical to get a for example 20% happiness loss