» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Feature Requests

Post subject: Continue a turn button, little bug and more
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 22:35 
Peasant
Peasant

Hello!)

I am very new to the game and have few suggestions to ask and one bug to inform:

- I play on android device and when I turn off screen or switch apps my left turn time becomes wrong: it is more then it should be. And because of that when ten seconds remain it does not send my turn so turn is wasted. Leaving the game and coming back helps though

- It would be nice to have not only redo turn button but continue your turn as often u want to add something but there is not much time left and turn involved a lot of action/clicking

- When u recruited troops in the province and later found out that u want more troops to recruit in the same province it consumes power/command points again. Can u make so if u recruited once in the province this turn when u do it again points are not spent again

- Can u make so that when governor payment is on then it is paid only for provinces where happiness is below 50% . Or at least make governor payment off by default

- I regularly use distribute money in province from province list. And every time i press it there is pop up if i want to so. Can u add ability to turn off this pop up and show how much money/commandPoints will be spend right in list item instead of pop up. It would save a lot of time during a turn. But make it optional for players who doesn't want it.

- Can u add filter for players when looking standings list. Because players matter much more then ai and it will be a good way to fast check who is who.

- Can add list of current war/alliances in match. Because u not always notice events of declarations and peaces. And add filters for player-player and player-ai stuff so ai-ai stuff don't disturb from important info. And checking every players diplomacy takes a lot of time

- Maybe I didn't notice but is there some indication that there is new message in chat when it is closed?

Thank u for reading and hope u will consider these suggestions)
Sorry for English)

P.S. I know it is offtopic but I wander if developer plays Paradox games)

P.P.S. I wander if the to-do-list is in public somewhere

P.P.P.S. Also wonder why there is point cost for sending message if u can mail to player

Post subject: Re: Continue a turn button, little bug and more
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 07:57 
Knight
Knight

Quote:
I play on android device and when I turn off screen or switch apps my left turn time becomes wrong: it is more then it should be. And because of that when ten seconds remain it does not send my turn so turn is wasted. Leaving the game and coming back helps though

I can confirm this happens on my iPhone to

As for the cost of actionpoints when recruiting I’m not sure I agree. When in a bad war at my front line I often recruit max several times when I know I’m gonna lose a prov. that should cost points each turn because I hate when that happens to me :P that makes the province worthless :)

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 17:49 
Peasant
Peasant

Oh I didn't realize that it can be used to recruit over recruitment limit. Than it all makes sense.

Thanks for letting know)

PostPosted: 01 May 2018, 00:44 
Knight
Knight

Quote:
Can u make so that when governor payment is on then it is paid only for provinces where happiness is below 50% . Or at least make governor payment off by default

Or maybe make governors a possibility for each separate province :)

Quote:
I regularly use distribute money in province from province list. And every time i press it there is pop up if i want to so. Can u add ability to turn off this pop up and show how much money/commandPoints will be spend right in list item instead of pop up. It would save a lot of time during a turn. But make it optional for players who doesn't want it.

Yep that could be useful :)

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 20:51 
Peasant
Peasant

AZeth wrote:
Quote:
Can u make so that when governor payment is on then it is paid only for provinces where happiness is below 50% . Or at least make governor payment off by default

Or maybe make governors a possibility for each separate province :)

I agree but it is so much micromanagement which I hate. Especially in fast games u might not have time to do so.

It would be also nice to be able to set happiness upper limit when distributing money nationwide so for example u don't waste money on provinces with happiness over 90% or just rising provinces below 50%. Overall it would be nice to have more quality of life feature like these.

Also just found that u can turn off default governors in game settings so my bad)

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 23:22 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Yes, as you noted, there is an option to turn it off!

What customization to have governors for each province is concerned: it adds to a lot of micromanagement to have one for each province, especially if you e.g. own 50+ provinces. Can't really see this helping much?

I think in fast games (or even slow games), the challenge lies in choosing which options to execute given the movements are limited. Not sure if adding even more will help much but rather confuse the issue?

PostPosted: 03 May 2018, 00:05 
Peasant
Peasant

I mean governors do good only in provinces with lower then 50 happiness but when they are on u pay for each province. Like in the start of the game there is 80% happiness and governor expanse is not zero) so it would be better if when its on it will pay automaticly for only provinces that are below 50% happiness

PostPosted: 03 May 2018, 21:45 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Quote:
I mean governors do good only in provinces with lower then 50 happiness but when they are on u pay for each province. Like in the start of the game there is 80% happiness and governor expanse is not zero) so it would be better if when its on it will pay automaticly for only provinces that are below 50% happiness

That would the option make pretty much pointless. I.e. there would be no reason to turn it off at all.

PostPosted: 04 May 2018, 10:22 
Knight
Knight

Quote:
I regularly use distribute money in province from province list. And every time i press it there is pop up if i want to so. Can u add ability to turn off this pop up and show how much money/commandPoints will be spend right in list item instead of pop up. It would save a lot of time during a turn. But make it optional for players who doesn't want it.

I so agree on this :)= make it like that for pop growth also :) together with the t-* button :D :partyyy: :partyyy: :partyyy: