» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Feature Requests

Post subject: Resources
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 20:52 
Serf
Serf

So almost everytime I and my friend play we try to recreate empires that exsited and have their colonys. So I was thinking about something like having on certain provinces special resources like in Indonesia spices and in Africa ivory. This would be small improvements to your nation like ivory and spices would make like +1% hapiness for every spice or ivory you got with a maximum of +20% happines but every turn they will be consumed. The recourses count per city.

capital
Also maybe there could be capitals. They would act like commander unit but instead can't walk and is a city. Also the capital has the same bonus as a commander against other units when attacked. You don't nessecary lose when your capital is lost but every turn happines will go down by like -5% and you can't do any trading anymore.

trade lines
This is like an adition to the recourses when you click on the province and the click on ad trade line you can connect to your capital or other big city. Now a caravan will go between the cities on land they would have like a camel look and on water just a boat. every turn they just move the same as regular troops. when they reach the destination they will drop off the recourses and the recourses will be added to the city.

recourses
Here are some recourse ideas also i wanted to add that every provinces has like 20 recourses max every turn so you can't just give every city 1000 recourses also for every recourse kind there can be only 1 trade line to 1 city. The amount you send can be changed just like when building troops.

Spices:
they will mostly grow in asia in the area Indonesia and give +1 happines and +1 gold

Ivory:
Mostly in africa and some in asia and give +1 happines and +2 gold.

Iron:
Almost everywhere where are mountains. gives per 100 units you train for every iron +1 so when creating 100 troops with 6 iron you get 106 troops.

Rum/Wine:
Grown in france/germany. Give +1 happines and +1 gold.

This where just ideas i had it is not like hate or something to the creators and not that i think i can do better because i can't. Just some thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Resources
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 06:14 
Game Developer
Game Developer

That's some interesting ideas. It adds a lot of complexity to the game however.

What I have planned however is to create a separate game with trading/advanced features: "Age of Diplomacy". Haven't started yet, but I'll work other ideas into that.