» Contact Us
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Feature Requests

Post subject: Ships Idea
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 16:52 

So I've been thinking about the use of ships in the game and want to offer a suggestion. Please consider:

Allow two types of ships that can be constructed.

The first is a transport vessel which carries troops. It is created exactly as ships are created now. And when it attacks land units it is exactly as it is now. However, when it fights another ship in the water it has an attack/defense rating of 10% of the number of troops on board. It is not meant for fighting at sea but for transporting troops.

The second type of ship that can be created is a battleship. It is created with gold from a province adjacent to water. It's attack/defense rating is exactly what you paid to create it. It cannot attack land - it can be used for sea battles only.

You have 1000 troops on a land province. You launch them to sea. There are now 1000 troops on a transport vessel. If they were to fight ANY other ship they would have an attack/defense value of 100. They can land on an enemy province and attack with a rating of 700 (70%). Or they can land on one of your provinces to provide the 1000 troops on board.

You want a battleship. So you pay 500 in gold and a ship is created that has an attack/defense rating of 500. It can only fight other transport ships and battleships. It cannot attack land units.

I think this is a simple change to the game and adds a bit of realism. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Ships Idea
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 18:27 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I am planning on "Age of Diplomacy", a more complex version of Age of Conquest. I'll do something there.

play: Age of Conquest IV

Post subject: Re: Ships Idea
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 11:50 

I like the idea, but i think 500 is too much for a battleship.