» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Feature Requests

Post subject: Improved Player Profile
PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 06:44 
Peasant
Peasant

First of all, I wanna thank Noble for putting so much work in making AOC a better game. It must be tiring sometimes to spend time dealing with player dramas and bullshit. Most of us appreciate your hard work!

Anyways, I would like to suggest a feature: Player Reputation Label.

I believe it'd be a great idea for a quick POSITIVE label for people to "compliment" others. (again, stole it from CSGO player profile idea)

On everyone's profile, we'd have a "Reputation" button, and it'll show that you can give the other players with feedbacks of:

Competitive
Good Teacher (or Helpful)
Friendly
Dependable
Great Leader.

Players can select all of the above. It can be added or removed at anytime. It CAN NOT be cumulative. (1 account 1 feedback)

The top 3 collected feedbacks of the player will be shown on their profiles.

For example: A and B are both giving feedbacks to C.

"A" gave out all of the above, "B" gave out Friendly, Dependable, and Great Leader. On "C"'s profile, it'll show that C's shown reputation is "Friendly, Dependable, Great Leader.", because those feedbacks had more counts.

Don't show the feedback counts because that'll let people manipulate the labels. There're only positive labels, because we don't wanna promote hate in our community. By only showing 3, it serves as a quick way to identify how the community see this person.

"Competitive" is a purposely vague term that can be broadly interpreted by others ;)

I think this will greatly connect more people in general!

Post subject: Re: Improved Player Profile
PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 10:12 
Freeman
Freeman

I would like to fully support this!

PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 11:54 

like it

PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 18:14 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I think that's a nice idea. Should that only be displayed on the profile though? It could be an icon also overlayed over the head. Showing 3 makes things little bit cramped though. How about just showing the best or so?

We can just only display the result on the profile, but I wonder how many players open someone's profile?

PostPosted: 29 May 2017, 03:20 

This is a good idea if it's easy enough to implement. I think player's actually view each other's profiles quite often. For instance, it's always good to check to see if anyone you're about to battle with is in another player's clan. That and checking a player's ranking before waging war I believe is pretty common.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 06:39 
Peasant
Peasant

TexasReb wrote:
This is a good idea if it's easy enough to implement. I think player's actually view each other's profiles quite often. For instance, it's always good to check to see if anyone you're about to battle with is in another player's clan. That and checking a player's ranking before waging war I believe is pretty common.

You're correct. I think profile checking is a pretty common thing people do. Especially checking their ELO and clan infos.

And to Noble, I think top 3 is more of an accurate representation, since everyone has more than one "personality". Only showing the top 1 would be too strict, and it won't be diverse enough. I think top 3 would be a great fit.

I'm all for the idea of showing the top ONE over the head (or an represented emoji), but I still vote for showing 3 labels in the profile. Could be both.

Last edited by rickster on 11 Jun 2017, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 06:51 
Peasant
Peasant

I would also like to suggest the labels be under the Avatar in the Player Profile. With yellow texts (or even using emoji) standing out as crucial information.

I would suggest adding a "Feedback!" button, and putting "Report!" button inside the Feedback list. The labels would be check boxes for players to check it.

Attachments:
AOC Player label.jpg
AOC Player label.jpg [ 89.16 KiB | Viewed 2102 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 21:41 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Thanks for the sketch! Make sense there.

Anyhow, it's on my todo-list! Haven't gotten to it yet though. :gott:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 18:47 

This will lead to a lot of trouble and just increase animosity between people and make any toxicity that is in the game worse (not that the game has that much anyway) but it will make the bit of toxicity that is there already worse. Sure it would work if you just have positive labels - but you have negative ones and people with a grudge are going to try and destroy a person's reputation, heck people might even go around giving bad reviews randomly for the lol's.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 20:46 
Freeman
Freeman

i believe the proposal only included positive traits, so that should not be a problem.

and yes, anything else would obviously lead directly into disaster.

it's just a gimmick anyway, since it is censored by default. you will still have to make up your own mind about players.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 23:45 
Peasant
Peasant

Jacob719 wrote:
This will lead to a lot of trouble and just increase animosity between people and make any toxicity that is in the game worse (not that the game has that much anyway) but it will make the bit of toxicity that is there already worse. Sure it would work if you just have positive labels - but you have negative ones and people with a grudge are going to try and destroy a person's reputation, heck people might even go around giving bad reviews randomly for the lol's.

Sorry I must have missed something, what were the negative ones in my suggestion? or did you not finish reading my post? (cause you wrote "you have negative ones")

The 5 labels are all meant to be positive. "Competitive" was the only label that's vague and open to interpretation. Like I said in my first post, we're only trying to spread positive vibes, not hatred.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 23:47 
Peasant
Peasant

noblemaster wrote:
Thanks for the sketch! Make sense there.

Anyhow, it's on my todo-list! Haven't gotten to it yet though. :gott:

Thank you for all the work you put into this wonderful game. Thank you!!!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017, 02:56 

You as in general terms - not as in you personally Rickster. And yep my bad for skimming the post rather than reading thoroughly.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2018, 03:59 
Game Developer
Game Developer

I am getting closer. Now, I have a little difficulty to decide how to go about the selection. I like the list, but I don't think it's complete. I am little bit worried to hardcode it as it will be incredible hard to fix later. :roll:

Current List:
Competitive
Good Teacher (or Helpful)
Friendly
Dependable
Great Leader.

What I found: 638 Primary Personality Traits
http://ideonomy.mit.edu/essays/traits.html

Now, 638 seems a lot. Is there a shortened version with ALL types, i.e. a short list? Anyone from sociology here? I found this, maybe find a good word for each of the core 5 types?
https://www.verywellmind.com/the-big-fi ... ns-2795422

Openness --> Challenger / Competitive (?)
Conscientiousness --> Thinker
Extraversion --> Friendly / Social
Agreeableness --> Helpful
Neuroticism --> Restless (???)

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2018, 04:03 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Maybe be able to vote on several lists??? It takes time to code, so I'd rather have something solid that doesn't become obsolete. Other ideas what other players can vote on for a player.

We could do "negative" as follows: maybe vote on the least likely negative term?

In that sense we'd have:
1. positive traits
2. least likely negative traits: e.g. "least likely to get angry" | "least likely to refuse help"?