» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Feature Requests

Post subject: New units (For modern day maps only)
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2017, 10:25 
Serf
Serf

So my suggestion for these units is that they will be used in modern day scenario maps in the game like World War III and World Conquest.

This unit will require another unit in order to be built. These two units will be a fighter plane and an airfield.

Let's talk about the airfield first, this unit will be a building similar to that of the watchtower, instead of expanding your field of view like the watchtower, it will simply function as a base of sorts for the next unit I will suggest.

Cost: 500 gold
Function: Enables the player to build fighter planes and allows them to safely land and be stationed there.

The next unit will be the fighter plane, it functions similar to that of troops as they move into a province and attack the troops stationed there. What makes them useful is that not only can they traverse over normal terrain, they can also fly over water tiles at the same time without any gold to do so. These fighter planes function much like the naval ships as they can move through more tiles than normal troopers would. However, the downside is that these planes will only be available for around three to four turns before needing to get refueled. A meter will visibly be shown and a flashing icon will indicate that the plane is almost out of fuel. When the fighter plane runs out of fuel it will crash and be destroyed much like a ship or soldier being defeated. Another side note is that this unit will only be able to refuel at airfields which can be bombed or taken over by other players.

Cost: 100 gold per plane (I know it sounds like a lot of gold, however, imagine if larger nations exploited this enemy unit like they do with boats, pumping out 1000s of these guys)
Function: Take over other provinces

PROS: - Move through sea and land faster
- Deploy units
CONS: - Requires airfield to be manufactured first
- Expensive to make
- Needs to be refueled every few turns
- Will crash if it runs out of fuel

This is just a suggestion, I know it is unlikely that this will be added since it sounds too op or ridiculous but it's just something I'd like to share.