» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Modding Discussions & Workshop

Post subject: Saboteur?
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2014, 11:24 
Serf
Serf

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing Age of Conquest on my Kindle Fire.

Have you ever considered adding a saboteur option? A player could recruit agents to infiltrate enemy lines to conduct sabotage or to create unrest. Sabotage might include poisoning troops, blocking harbors or blocking roads to prevent troop movements. Revenue for a given province could go missing. Fortifications and watch towers could be destroyed. Civil insurrection could tie down or kill troops. A given province could rebel and become a non-affiliated state or it could defect to the ruler who sent the saboteurs.

Civil dissent could reduce the amount of revenue collected during future turns. An unhappy populace could also choose not to respond to recruitment making it harder for the player in control of that area to recruit fresh troops.

Related to the idea of sabotage is assassination. Players could hire assassins to attack other rulers. The probability for success would depend in part upon how many assassins were hired and how many troops were stationed with the ruler who was being targeted. I would imagine that distance would also be a factor as assassins might have to infiltrate and travel through more than 1 enemy held land.

Post subject: Re: Saboteur?
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2014, 12:54 
Knight
Knight

that option is already available... :roll:

Quote:
Extended Actions
Extended actions include espionage and sabotage. Allows you to locate an enemy ruler or produce revolts that reduce morale

assassinations are not included in espionage options in AoC... assassinating another player's king doesn't fit in with game play.

i will kill you and everyone you know... don't **** with me

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2014, 19:35 
Investigator
Investigator

Like Howard said, AoC already has a version of espionage and sabotage.
Look for games that have the "Extended Actions" option selected. This can be found with the game description. If you can't find any games with that option selected. Then you can create a game and select that option for play. As it currently is, I don't find it very useful. I think it should be tweaked to make it useful as an option. Perhaps noblemaster will attempt to alter it in version 4 to make it a little more useful or appealing to play.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 03:32 
Game Developer
Game Developer

Yeah, there is Espionage & Sabotage in v3 ("Extended Options") but it's indeed quite limited. Maybe not AOC v4 as it's hard to fit in nicely but in that other more advanced game I was dreaming off. :roll: