» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Forum Organization » Announcements

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disabled accounts
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 09:49 
Knight
Knight

It may be possible that the accounts were disabled under V2 only. I wonder if the investigators can disable V3 accounts at this time.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 12:22 
Freeman
Freeman

I really think that the original account Kriegshammer should be disabled as well. As it happens, in at least one game he is set to benefit by raiding his disabled bogus account's lands.

When this type of thing is discovered, I think that the offending player should be disabled altogether for some period of time. Each time he's caught cheating, that period of time should be increased. The third time he should be banned altogether. It' s ridiculous to tolerate such nonsense.

Finally, I would like to request eugeniopisanobent and mariagg be disabled. This is the second or third time for him/her.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 14:39 
Knight
Knight

The reason for not disabling the original accounts is so that it's easier to track down who that person is. If we ban his account, we won't know if the new set of cheaters is this person or someone entirely new.

Also, a total ban is difficult. However, things should be much easier once V2 is retired. If you're going to cheat in V3, you'll need a lot of money to do so. And once you get caught, you'll lose that money.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 14:40 
Knight
Knight

we are working on those 5 kriegshammer alts... please be patient, the switch to v3 has provided a few challenges for the investigator team.

will look into the mariagg and eugpisanobent accounts, but again be patient...

kriegshammer will remain enabled, that is not open for discussion. he will also be assessed a hefty penalty once we get the issue of disabling his alts resolved. first things first, so... :roll: please be patient...

http://www.cafepress.com/kingslayerdesigns

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 16:18 
Knight
Knight

patience is a virtue... these alts ARE disabled

•BloodyNine (id=38444)
•Purple (id=36499)
•gimme3steps (id=39206)
•CourtCrucis (id=39368)
•zaVeku (id=39212)

Purple has 2 games still in a Moves Done status. DinnerWithSinner and FunForOscar-II. all other games for all 5 accounts are in a ready/finished/deceased status. if u see moves from any of these accounts - it's a residual effect - please be patient, the alt accounts will be inactive soon enuf!!! :partyyy:

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 16:36 
Investigator
Investigator

I just want to say that KingHowardII and I are both actively looking into things. The 5 accounts were disabled. We are currently tracking things to see if there is the possibility that they can still take their turns. We can disable both v2 and v3 accounts and this has been done. Once we have figured out what's going on I will post what their status is. Until then play it as if they are still active.

Regarding the request to investigate we prefer that you send a private message. However, we will look into that case as well.

As I was about to post this I see KingHoward has posted that they are disabled. I will check it out as well.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 15:46 
Serf
Serf

Purple is still actively playing in SlayerParadise v2. The 36 hour turn just flipped again & he made another move. So that's at least 69 hours after being disabled on a 36 hour game.

I just want to know if I need to defend against this cheater for the rest of the game or if he's really disabled. If he can still play Purple & CourtCrucis, he'll be able to kill me and win his final cheating game.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 15:52 
Knight
Knight

residual effect... wait 1 more turn :partyyy:

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 18:57 
Knight
Knight

Kriegshammer (id=35833) has been assessed a 1000 point penalty (2nd offense with 5 alts) spanking

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 11:56 
Freeman
Freeman

Many thanks for addressing the lying cheating Kriegshammer s.o.b. Not complaining but he will quickly earn back the penalty points. For example in DinnerWithSinner (V2) he has used CF1 to quickly open BloodyNine and Purple to attack by Kriegshammer. He is able to attack his own alt positions before any one of us other players can since we have to wait out the X-ally. This will give him a huge amount of provinces and will probably result in him winning the game.

This guy has absolutely no remorse. He will undoubtedly do this again. The only comment he had to my attempt to verbally shame him was:

en garde!

His IP address could be easily blocked forcing him to find another place from which to perpetrate his fraud. I urge you to consider this possibility.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 13:08 
Merchant
Merchant

bjorn2in wrote:
His IP address could be easily blocked forcing him to find another place from which to perpetrate his fraud. I urge you to consider this possibility.

It's not that simple if he uses a dynamic IP, which is generated whenever he goes online. You can just switch off a whole area. I doubt that this is the objective nor should it be. If Kriegshammer really generated that many accounts - and I doubt that those found out are all - he will have enough time to overcome this obstacle, too. Our advantage: he does not seem to be very smart.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 15:42 
Knight
Knight

we're not going to block his IP :happyx:

as for the game... get with sinner and kick the snapple out of him. hell... just tell sinner, he prob won't even need ur help :P

there's also alkar and tramp sitting there prob willing to help (if u let them know the situation). remember - he will have to ally at least 2, likely 3 or all 4 of u to win the game. i propose denying him those alliances, then destroying him elefant

EDIT: if u (or sinner, alkar, tramp, anyone else) loses rating becuz of the game, just let me know. i will lobby to get ur ratings "reimbursed". note: i will require a screenshot of the game's final standings, please send it to aocinvestigations@hotmail.com

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 16:47 
Freeman
Freeman

King_Howard wrote:
as for the game... get with sinner and kick the snapple out of him. hell... just tell sinner, he prob won't even need ur help :P

there's also alkar and tramp sitting there prob willing to help (if u let them know the situation). remember - he will have to ally at least 2, likely 3 or all 4 of u to win the game. i propose denying him those alliances, then destroying
Thats the plan. Sinner has been fighting a pitched battle with Tramp and Alkar. I have posted an appeal to all to cease hostilities and focus on the cheater. So much for that game. We shall see. My continuing attention to this guy stems from the outrage that I feel from being fooled by him and the f**k u attitude that he has.
Martinus wrote:
If Kriegshammer really generated that many accounts - and I doubt that those found out are all - he will have enough time to overcome this obstacle, too. Our advantage: he does not seem to be very smart.
I guess I'm hoping that we could place every imaginable obstacle in his path, but you're probably correct, he would eventually figure them out. As to whether he's smart or not, he's fooled some seasoned players for quite some time now. The good news is that I doubt that he'll pull this in V3 since he will have to pay. ^^

Again thanks to all for their attention to this matter!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 18:58 
Knight
Knight

i could go rogue... and offer the 4 of u a little rating bonus for wiping him out :roll:

naw... i can't do that spanking

talksay to mesay in the parking lotsay after worksay... :roll:

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 20:29 
Knight
Knight

Just a thought -- with V3 no longer allowing free accounts, maybe we should revisit the idea of disabling the primary account. The cheater could create new accounts, but they'd cost $20 a pop. The alts are probably created under the 30 day free trial, so there's little disincentive to go create a bunch more.

Worth considering, even if the final decision is no.

.............Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next